Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
(22-08-2023, 02:12 PM)DavidH Wrote: Good to hear you're back Chris. Take it easy like a kombi Wink .
Cheers

Thanks David
You’ve been missed Chris!  Heart
Sorry to hear you haven’t been well but so pleased you’re getting better. Take loads of care of yourself. 
Chrissy and co.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(26-08-2023, 11:17 AM)Ninga Wrote: You’ve been missed Chris!  Heart
Sorry to hear you haven’t been well but so pleased you’re getting better. Take loads of care of yourself. 
Chrissy and co.
Hi Crissy n Co, nice to recieve to comments, yes has been a torrid 5 or so years ,I am on the mend now and spent a fabulous 3 days in Wentworth,always a pleasure to be up there around the Riverland .hope now to be able to start getting around more now ,we may never catch up again but thanks to KClub we  can always correspond. Love to you n all yr family .Chris T
Coming home after 6 weeks away……..
So nice to be back in familiar, loving surrounds…..
Nothing beats home.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(29-08-2023, 07:11 PM)Oldman Wrote: Coming home after 6 weeks away……..
So nice to be back in familiar, loving 
These days I stay in  motels ,most of them are good ,well maintained , but there is no bed like my bed,and although my old lounge chair has seen better days it still beats those in motels.
(29-08-2023, 07:38 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: These days I stay in  motels ,most of them are good ,well maintained , but there is no bed like my bed,and although my old lounge chair has seen better days it still beats those in motels.

The comfort, the smells and the amenity of your own home cannot be replicated in a commercial premises, in my opinion Chris … Wink
Cheers,
Mark

Well ,after owning Patches for over 32 years I think could honestly say having her as part of my life, the good times the bad times, so many times i could have sold her because she just p====d me right off, then but other times she put a big smile on  my  face ,I have  had a few other types cars as well over those 32 years and good as they were none of them could give me the pleasure and pride of owning her ,now don't  get me wrong they were good but they just didn't  have the same appeal, there is something  about getting  behind  the wheel  starting  the engine  and hearing  that tac tac tac accentuated  by the twin  exhaust  system. She is what  she  is ,to me she  is  my big boy  toy, my work  horse ,, my picnic bus ,my go  almost  go anywhere  vehicle ,and when I am driving  her down the road I feel I am king of the road ,people  wave ,take  photos, want to talk  and sometimes tell me stories  of times  when  they owned one, and yes she is old ,she has be around  the block  a few times ,she maybe  looking a worse for were but she makes  m feel Dam good, and yes I am her proud owner , and yes ,that is what makes me  happy every  day.
(30-08-2023, 07:30 AM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Well ,after owning Patches for over 32 years I think could honestly say having her as part of my life, the good times the bad times, so many times i could have sold her because she just p====d me right off, then but other times she put a big smile on  my  face ,I have  had a few other types cars as well over those 32 years and good as they were none of them could give me the pleasure and pride of owning her ,now don't  get me wrong they were good but they just didn't  have the same appeal, there is something  about getting  behind  the wheel  starting  the engine  and hearing  that tac tac tac accentuated  by the twin  exhaust  system. She is what  she  is ,to me she  is  my big boy  toy, my work  horse ,, my picnic bus ,my go  almost  go anywhere  vehicle ,and when I am driving  her down the road I feel I am king of the road ,people  wave ,take  photos, want to talk  and sometimes tell me stories  of times  when  they owned one, and yes she is old ,she has be around  the block  a few times ,she maybe  looking a worse for were but she makes  m feel Dam good, and yes I am her proud owner , and yes ,that is what makes me  happy every  day.

Amen Chris….. Cool
Cheers,
Mark

(03-07-2022, 05:39 PM)Kahuna Kombi Wrote: Winter time and that means a nip of Stone's Green Ginger Wine into the schooner with each refill .... a trip to Uncle Dans and acquired a bottle along with some Pedro Ximenez for the wife  Tongue

Hi Kahuna ,I remember  going fishing  late at night on w/ends ,always took a bottle stone's  with me ,and not worrying  about drink-driving. I ,certainly  would  not  do  that  today. Lol
I know I'm a bit late responding to a lot comments on forums  but I will eventually  catch up, lol Big Grin