Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
Getting the cat used to being in the van for a road trip Airlie Beach………so far …so good !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-07-2023, 08:11 AM)Kazz Wrote: Getting the cat used to being in the van for a road trip Airlie Beach………so far …so good !!

That’s a loooong road trip !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Booking the cheapest 4 wheels & motor, in the form of a Hyundai i30, or similar for $108 to get across town and back to the airport today, and being issued this, with just 4,000 Km’s on the clock, for the same price!  Shy

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Did it drive better than a Hyundai??
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(08-07-2023, 08:02 AM)Barry Wrote: Did it drive better than a Hyundai??

My booking confirmation stated “Hyundai i30, or similar”………… def didn’t feel “or similar” Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Last trip to Tassie Lea booked a Mr Bushy Highlander “or similar”

I was driving. 
There was 4 of us. 
Got given an “upgrade”
Pajero. 

Would have preferred the Highlander. 
Pig of thing to drive in the city (Hobart?) and there is less room I reckon

Anyway - the Beemer looks nice. 
How long did it take to work out the radio and say nav?
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(08-07-2023, 01:40 PM)Barry Wrote: Anyway - the Beemer looks nice. 
How long did it take to work out the radio and say nav?

Was quite quick and painless. Very logical layout and on screen menu.

Unlike last weeks rental - a Chinese BYD (Build Your Dreams) Atto 3 electric. That took way longer to sort the sat nav & tunes.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Boss wanted me to go for my Forklift licence, well I passed my final assessment yesterday that makes me happy.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Gracie had her very first busking gig. Naturally, started with a few nerves but once she got into it she was incredible! The local coffee shop was pleased as the tunes drew customer’s their way, as was Gracie, who ended up with a tidy sum thrown in the guitar case!  Cool
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Drove Josie yesterday for the first time since the new distributor and carbies paired up. She ran well with no cutting out at lights or roundabouts - the transmission changed smoothly. Happy days.
Went to the AGM of the car club I am a member of. It was good to see some people I have not seen since last year as I have not organised any events or runs for us- time to get back into it.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".