Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original VW Sopru fridge/stove/sink cabinet
For Sale: Original VW Sopru fridge/stove/sink cabinet – Make an offer.  Removed from our early VW Sopru Campmobile many years ago and put into dry storage.  Includes the original cabinet, (in good shape for its age), Electrolux fridge model RAM23a. Prod No 9263527 (it will need an inspection, new seals, service & recharge), cutlery drawer and small sink WITH the plug!   Also, a Primus 2 burner gas stove (probably not the original stove for this Sopru cabinet).  I was intending to refurbish and reinstall all this but have needed to change plans. Make me an offer – it needs a new home.
Pickup from Como WA.   
Photos attached :

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1971 Sopru aka Doob
Is the fridge a three way absorption unit ?
ie 240v, 12v, gas ?
Would help potential new owners to know……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Good point Mark. Yes, it is an old Electrolux absorption fridge (no electric motor & compressor).
Made in England - probably in the late 1960's to early 1970's ...I guess?
It is powered by either 240v or Gas (propane). No provision for 12v that I am aware of. 
I can not give any guarantees on the fridge. It would need to be inspected, serviced and recharged at a service centre.
I was thinking people might be more interested in the original Sopru cabinet that is still in reasonable condition.
Cheers 
Grant    
attached photo of the back of the fridge.   

1971 Sopru aka Doob
Thanks Grant…..
These old absorption fridges are awesome !
I’m still using my original from ‘76.

I hope someone appreciates the provenance of what you are offering .
Cool
Cheers,
Mark

I'm also still using my old Electrolux 3way in my 74 Sopru, just a little trick with these fridges, if they haven't been used for a while the refrigerant liquids seperate so turn fridge upside down a few times to remix liquids & good to go. Cheers Shane
62 Beetle, 74 Kombi, 60 Karmann Ghia,  06 Jetta, 16 Amarok
(12-06-2024, 09:05 AM)Busso Bus Wrote: I'm also still using my old Electrolux 3way in my 74 Sopru, just a little trick with these fridges, if they haven't been used for a while the refrigerant liquids seperate so turn fridge upside down a few times to remix liquids & good to go. Cheers Shane

Good idea but make sure that you leave them vertical overnight before turning them on.
The Sopru fridge cabinet has gone to a new home - and to a gentleman that appreciates it.

I am very pleased  Smile
1971 Sopru aka Doob
Niiiice !!
Great to pass things on to those that appreciate them.
Cheers,
Mark

(12-06-2024, 09:05 AM)Busso Bus Wrote: I'm also still using my old Electrolux 3way in my 74 Sopru, just a little trick with these fridges, if they haven't been used for a while the refrigerant liquids seperate so turn fridge upside down a few times to remix liquids & good to go. Cheers Shane

Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking though, it's not exactly a quick job to get the fridge out and do that and then get it back in. How long would you define as "a while"?
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
Overnight is usually sufficient, Chris.
All the remixed liquid needs to drain back down through the plumbing….
When I removed my 3 way to do this, I thought it’d be quite a task……turned out that it was secured to the cabinet with just a couple of fine thread screws…..took about 5 minutes to release it and another 10 to undo the gas and wiring required to free it completely.
Very simple really……
Cheers,
Mark