Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Stop Wrap Up
Had a great Easter road trip although we headed off on the Monday before
First stop Culburra to see my Mum and sister
Next a camp over at Depot Beach
Then a catch up with friends for the night at Lilli Pilli
Then on arrival made camp at Merimbula next to an extended family of Victorian footy fanatics, They were a good crowd !!!
I happened to be a Carlton supporter and so were they……..it was like family…….except I didn’t have a mullet…….
We took the push bikes……that was a work out !
Oysters were a plenty on the south coast………yum !
The Kombi club was a hit at the Sapphire Coast Vintage Car Club…….best ever attendance by a car club apparently and they had some impressive motor vehicles with stories to go with
Next stop McKays oysters……some of the best in my opinion 
Dress up night what a hoot……lots of laughter
Nothing like a soiree late at night…….so we had one…..with good guitar but bad vocals….
Weather was fab…….swimming at the beach and the river mouth was so nice
Great time spent with great people……gotta love it !
Some photos……..Depot Beach

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More photos…
Batemans Bay
Lilli Pilli
Bodalla

More photos
Merimbula

Some more
Bermagui

Love,love,love the Southern parts of our coastline …
Thanks for posting Kazz.
Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
First stop on the way back up the coast was Bermagui to catch up with friends and then an overnighter at Congo Beach and the next day called into Kioloa for a look see. We use to stay in the cabins before camping at Kioloa as a family growing up…….40 odd years ago !

Congo Beach camp…..

(05-04-2024, 05:03 PM)Alpal Wrote: Congrats to Deb and Phil and all the others who chipped in to make Merimbula a great event.
Satrted feeling a bit 'off' tuesday. Being an optomist headed North for a week with family but after testing positive to the plague We turned back and tried to keep away from the public. Couple of nights at Coledale but the rain became too persistant so headed South ending up in a motel cabin in Goulburn booked for 2 nights. Hope Carol will not fall over. Both vaxed so fingers crossed. Not too bad, just like a head cold. Bloody PLAUGE!

Sorry to hear that Alpal, so close to Newcastle too ;-( We both hope that you & Carol feel better soon xoxo

Thats Carols foot waving out of the slider.
Slowly meandering south. Carol also not feeling well. Not surprising sharing kombi with snuffly me. Her covid test not a  pos but will test again soon. Isolating as mush as we  can. Currently propped at Holbrook. Cabins all booked so on powered site. Dry and sunny so comfortable. Isolated R & R. Relaxing and reading. Probably get bored soon!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling