Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Stop Wrap Up
Just arrived home from another fabulous Bus Stop. I know how hard it is to organise this event and all of our hats go off to Deb and Phil for pulling another one together.

We set off on Thursday 21st March and headed south for 2 nights at Werri Beach, down past Kiama. We left there on 24th March. Had a fabulous dinner at Geroa Fishermans Club - best seafood platter for 1 I have ever had!

Our next stop was Pretty Beach near Bawley Point. This is a National Park and it has powered sites but no water - the amenities are pretty good and there is a lot of wildlife in the campgrounds but the mozzies and flies can cart you away! It was my birthday so we had lunch in town at Ulladulla RSL. 

We set off for Merimbula on Thursday 28th. We were so lucky to have perfect travelling weather and arrived in Merimbula, found the park and get set up in our corner of 3 ensuites - Leo (Weekender) next to us in his Syncro T3 and Nikki and Lee in their orange Devon Moonraker.

Friday night we got together at the camp kitchen for a welcome BBQ. Saturday was our cruise out to the Car Club and our photo shoot. We didn't cause too much traffic chaos in town and I think it went well. Saturday night was the gala dinner and so grateful the club had the courtesy bus - the catering was spot on. Well done to everyone that dressed up - lots of laughs. The announcement for next years Bus Stop was announced and a lot of people are already booked in.

Sunday afternoon was good fun with Alpal and his apprentice Col running the pull back races in the camp kitchen. Sunday evening at the camp kitchen as a get together to say goodbye to those leaving on Monday morning but we hung around until Tuesday morning. We set off and made our way back to Werri Beach again. The traffic was really only at Ulladulla although I think its always like that. 

Last night was at Werri Beach and we set off to drive home via the Royal National Park. Surprisingly had a really smooth run through Sydney and arrived home this afternoon to unpack and wind down. Bring on next year!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
More photos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Great stuff Melissa!
Looks like a wonderful trip with great weather.
Josie looks good with a Pod following  Big Grin
Thanks for posting……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Wonderful wrap up Melissa, love the photos and a reminder of what Andy and I need to do next year….its been a while.

Deb and Phill do a wonderful job.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
I understand a few people have come home from Bus Stop with Covid. 

I hope you all recover soon!
Realised on Sunday morning at Bus Stop I had a trickly throat.

Monday Lauren with the same sore throat eating aspro on the way home.

Yeah, both us with Covid. Both have had 5 covid vaccinations. 

The difference between our experience is amazing!

I'm doing lawns, hedge trimming (to fill in my isolation time) & taking care of Lauren who's been laid very low.

I eat what I want. Lauren's being 'force fed'.

How's the rest of you going?

Bugger Sad
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(04-04-2024, 07:26 PM)DavidH Wrote: Realised on Sunday morning at Bus Stop I had a trickly throat.

Monday Lauren with the same sore throat eating aspro on the way home.

Yeah, both us with Covid. Both have had 5 covid vaccinations. 

The difference between our experience is amazing!

I'm doing lawns, hedge trimming (to fill in my isolation time) & taking care of Lauren who's been laid very low.

I eat what I want. Lauren's being 'force fed'.

How's the rest of you going?

Bugger Sad
That’s not good David,  Sad

Hopefully the 5 Covid vaccinations, will keep you both away from hospitals seeking more serious healthcare.

Will be a rough week for you two, and hopefully you both bounce back fully soon.

I think I was “upwind” of you pair seated at the table Saturday morning, with our brief encounter, as no symptoms here………yet!

Take care of Lauren, and yourself.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I'm sure it was a Saturday night infection.
Lucky for you!
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Congrats to Deb and Phil and all the others who chipped in to make Merimbula a great event.
Satrted feeling a bit 'off' tuesday. Being an optomist headed North for a week with family but after testing positive to the plague We turned back and tried to keep away from the public. Couple of nights at Coledale but the rain became too persistant so headed South ending up in a motel cabin in Goulburn booked for 2 nights. Hope Carol will not fall over. Both vaxed so fingers crossed. Not too bad, just like a head cold. Bloody PLAUGE!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
What a bugger Al!  Sad

Tis not conducive to enjoyable driving, whilst feeling like that either……..

Wishing you both a swift recovery..  Heart
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab