Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2023
Great photos, sorry I couldn't make it there this year but I am pleased that you enjoyed the event. Cheers Les
(03-10-2023, 07:08 PM)Oldman Wrote: Another wonderful Old Bar weekend…..
Weather was perfect, if not a bit windy at times Tongue
I stayed welded to our (not our…..) site and didn’t venture too far other than to catch up with old friends.
I’ve had a lot on lately and really needed a relaxed, chilled weekend without timelines or deadlines.
Didn’t do the cruise, nor the park up and stayed in Lanis, surfing, sitting arid the fire and keeping my fluids up. Dinner at the club was great and caught up with some long time KC members.
Left early-ish, lit the fire and lost myself in the glowing embers.
Monday afternoon saw the Peter Josling Memorial boules tournament hotly contested, with many favourites knocked out in early rounds…..
Congratulations to Dave for a worthy win with some uncannily skilful placed shots…..magnets were rumoured to be in play but none were found….
A big thanks to Terese for ensuring this perpetual trophy event happens…….. Heart
The future of Lani’s is under a cloud with a large consortium now as owners…..time will tell if they can replicate the warm welcome and sense of community that Wendy, Fizal and their team have created.
Love your wrap up’s Mark. 
Peter Jos… what a beautiful idea to remember him. 
Glad you did some chilling mate. Hope you’re doing okay.
Vera - ‘75 Bay