Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2023
Some photos from today...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Great photos as usual Greg! Lovely to see you today Smile

Little Red had a photo op with the original Red Wiggle, Murray. He was a nice bloke Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Old bar short minutes

Part ll

(01-10-2023, 04:24 PM)Melissa Wrote: Great photos as usual Greg! Lovely to see you today Smile

Little Red had a photo op with the original Red Wiggle, Murray. He was a nice bloke Smile

Toot toot chugga chugga! Big Grin 
That’s so cool Melissa! 
It could be the beginning of Little Red attracting ‘Red’ celebrities… Robert Redford, Red Symons, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Simply Red and there’s the other band called Little Red which always makes me think of you when I hear one of their songs.  Wink 

Hope you all had a great weekend at OB, would’ve loved to have been there. Thanks for the photos.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(01-10-2023, 04:24 PM)Melissa Wrote: Great photos as usual Greg! Lovely to see you today Smile

Thanks Melissa. Same here.

Although I'm not across the "Red Wiggle" it explains why you got pride of place at the bandstand.

Meanwhile Max, the owner of hooman "syncro27", watches on...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
For those that asked about the Kombi cruise numbers, 185 Kombi’s left the airfield, and 15 cheeky NON Kombi’s infiltrated the cruise………

36 Splitties, 127 Bays, 14 T3’s, and 8 T4/T5/T6’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wkr_s_mJMg

Did anyone hear or know of the count total for the park up on Sunday?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Great photos and loved video!!

So T4/T5/T6 are the rarest of all Smile

I was late in on Sunday and had number 152
Another wonderful Old Bar weekend…..
Weather was perfect, if not a bit windy at times Tongue
I stayed welded to our (not our…..) site and didn’t venture too far other than to catch up with old friends.
I’ve had a lot on lately and really needed a relaxed, chilled weekend without timelines or deadlines.
Didn’t do the cruise, nor the park up and stayed in Lanis, surfing, sitting arid the fire and keeping my fluids up. Dinner at the club was great and caught up with some long time KC members.
Left early-ish, lit the fire and lost myself in the glowing embers.
Monday afternoon saw the Peter Josling Memorial boules tournament hotly contested, with many favourites knocked out in early rounds…..
Congratulations to Dave for a worthy win with some uncannily skilful placed shots…..magnets were rumoured to be in play but none were found….
A big thanks to Terese for ensuring this perpetual trophy event happens…….. Heart
The future of Lani’s is under a cloud with a large consortium now as owners…..time will tell if they can replicate the warm welcome and sense of community that Wendy, Fizal and their team have created.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light