Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘71 disc upgrade issue……
Disappointing to get so far into a job to find out things don't line up. I take it they have send the wrong calipers for the job at hand.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Wrong rotors…….biggest issue is time and distance….getting parts/exchanging from Brisbane to Sydney takes forever…….and I don’t have the luxury of time, in this instance….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(06-09-2023, 07:23 AM)Oldman Wrote: Wrong rotors…….biggest issue is time and distance….getting parts/exchanging from Brisbane to Sydney takes forever…….and I don’t have the luxury of time, in this instance….

I have a couple of front ends that have the stubs, arms, rotors and calipers hanging in the shed. I needed a few sets of torsion bars so they were removed to get the bars out. Perhaps I may have the parts to help get it on the road, it would mean some measurement to get the right parts. from memory there was a 73 and a 76 but the indidual items aren't marked. If this would help let me know. Cheers Les
(06-09-2023, 07:30 PM)grumble Wrote: I have a couple of front ends that have the stubs, arms, rotors and calipers hanging in the shed. I needed a few sets of torsion bars so they were removed to get the bars out. Perhaps I may have the parts to help get it on the road, it would mean some measurement to get the right parts. from memory there was a 73 and a 76 but the indidual items aren't marked. If this would help let me know. Cheers Les

Many thanks for the offer Les, Herman is back on the road now……
Still have to sort the rotor issue but Mick’s have a different set heading here now.
Will try the whole swap out after the wedding.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(07-09-2023, 06:40 PM)Oldman Wrote: Many thanks for the offer Les, Herman is back on the road now……
Still have to sort the rotor issue but Mick’s have a different set heading here now.
Will try the whole swap out after the wedding.

No worries, I am pleased to see that you have it under control. Strangely enough I had an early bay kombi that we named "Hermann" quite a few years ago, I sold it to a young couple at Forster who owned "Daisy".
Best wishes for the wedding.