Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Stop Wrap Up
(17-04-2023, 01:16 PM)Tintop Wrote: Mittagong Melissa? 
   Big Grin

Hahaha..........

No!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Mannum? I might get the coldest oil trophy then  Cool

T1 Terry
Hi Everyone,  We have arrived home safe and sound.  What a great weekend, in a fabulous location.  It Big Grin took us 2 hrs to dismantle our tent.  I wished I had put it up For Sale.  We notched up 4500kms.  Broke down going up through the Adelaide Hills.  No 3 plug blew out.  Bob put it back in and we free-wheeled down the hill to town.  Just as well as Bob knew this hill well and we were staying at the bottom of it.  We went to Ralf at VolksCare.  What a great job they did.  Tuning it so we could get on the road again. We saw family and friends in Adelaide and then set off to Melbourne.  We stayed at the Ouyen Caravan Park too on our way to Bus Stop.  The Manager’s cat presented us with a live mouse at dawn while we were preparing to leave. Driving to Ballarat on a 2 lane highway was nerve racking, so was driving through Melbourne in a Kombi.  We left at dawn on Sunday.  We have had every make of car and truck pass us during our journey.  I have come home with Kombi ankles.  I guess they will return to normal in a few days.  Thank you Kombi family for your support and friendship.  We realise that both Gertie and us are getting older and we can’t do these long road trips anymore, however we look forward to seeing everyone at Old Bar and the next Bus Stop.  Photos to come soon.  Gertie has been unpacked and is resting, waiting for Bob to see to her ailments. Bob and Sheryl. Xx
Hi fellow Bus Shoppers! After 3506k's and 500litres of fuel we touched down at home yesterday afternoon. I am glad to see everyone had a great weekend and like us some adventures along the way!
It gives Deb and myself much joy knowing the event was well received by our members!
I would like to thank @Bluedog Dave and Liz, Geoff Gould, @onetrackwonder Greg, @Aspudis Nath for keeping BillHily alive so we could continue our travels. Just love the Kombi family you rock guys! Hope to see everyone's smiling faces next year?
Trophy photos from Bus Stop 2023
Rolled in, home last night…….part unpacked and went to bed.
No idea of kms travelled at this stage but will update my travel thread with more words and pics in the coming days….. Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Home safe and sound last week. Schmett performed well. Only problems were a broken window winder mechanism in the drivers door and the headlights did not work. Easy peasy. Window was shut and stayed that way and only drove daylight hours.
About 2700 km for us.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling