Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Remembers….?
(10-03-2023, 07:56 PM)Grantus Wrote: I remember bells on bikes.

But it appears that your post would be much better suited to a “What Pisses Me Off” thread, like the very popular one moderator Lorraine started on the old, now defunct KC site.   Tongue

Are the mods here game to start or allow another one?  Just curious…….  Rolleyes

Yeah……Nah !
Biggest issue from an Admin. perspective, was trying to keep the tenor of the Thread.
People complained when posts were made about other’s sexual inclination, religious persuasion, ethnicity , cultural practices etc. When the unacceptable (by Forum rules) posts were deleted, we were accused of censorship. If we left the posts, we were accused of enabling certain behaviours and mindsets.

Most do not need to consider the ramifications of their tirades, however as a group of volunteer Moderators, we are responsible for what is posted online if it is allowed to stay…

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(11-03-2023, 10:50 AM)Oldman Wrote: Yeah……Nah !
Biggest issue from an Admin. perspective, was trying to keep the tenor of the Thread.
People complained when posts were made about other’s sexual inclination, religious persuasion, ethnicity , cultural practices etc. When the unacceptable (by Forum rules) posts were deleted, we were accused of censorship. If we left the posts, we were accused of enabling certain behaviours and mindsets.

Most do not need to consider the ramifications of their tirades, however as a group of volunteer Moderators, we are responsible for what is posted online if it is allowed to stay…

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

All good Mark. Can’t argue with that concise reasoning & explanation, and put’s that question to bed.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Mmmffh.   Mmmfffhhhh.    Mmffffhhhhh
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
We’re truly grateful to you and other mods for the maintenance of a civilised place Mark. 

Onto Who Remembers… my little Gracie is 12 today and asked for a Bluetooth speaker. I was trying to think back to being around that age and remembered how cool it was to have a Walkman! Especially if you had a mixed tape to play in it. My older sister. a few years later scored a Discman and I was so jealous.  Big Grin
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(14-03-2023, 11:22 PM)Ninga Wrote: Onto Who Remembers… my little Gracie is 12 today and asked for a Bluetooth speaker. I was trying to think back to being around that age and remembered how cool it was to have a Walkman! Especially if you had a mixed tape to play in it. My older sister. a few years later scored a Discman and I was so jealous.  Big Grin

Even an iPod is in the realm of "Who remembers" there days.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
(15-03-2023, 06:35 AM)wirrah Wrote: Even an iPod is in the realm of "Who remembers" there days.

Yes, that’s true Greg. I gave my old iPod to Gracie to listen to on the school bus and the kids were puzzled as to what it was. Most kids in her class have smart phones and after seeing troubles emerge from Tik Tok, I’m so pleased she comes home from school and plays her guitar and not involved in that rubbish.
Top row my daughters bottom my sons - it’s very likely double since this was taken

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wrist watches.....
I love my Seiko automatic Diver's watch...it's virtually bullet proof .
Also have a vintage Omega Submariner that was worn by a Tail Gunner during WW2....the stories that could tell !!
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
The mini disc player   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniDisc  Wife to be at the time had one and would record new music through the fibre-optic output from her amplifier, no high speed downloads, each song had to play through on what ever medium it was being transferred from to the re-record-able mini disc in the player. Earbud wired headphones and off she'd go to the gym with 3 hrs of music on multiple discs. It vanish when left on a bench while she was getting changed .... the next thing I bought her was a Walkman I think it was, with a plug in memory stick. The get the 3 hrs of music I bought her a 256mb memory stick, they had to get it out of the locked display cabinet and it cost $1 per mb at the time .... now you can get a 10 pk for $48 and they are a give away item used for advertising or instruction manuals for those who travel in areas without interweb connectablity.

T1 Terry
This will test you, when milk served at school changed from bottles to the sunny boy shaped cartons. Remember getting my first "6 of the best" in primary school when caught playing milk carton cricket ...... then we had to clean the basement lunch area because the school janitor refused ..... it was mid summer, raining, humid as all heck and the milk had soured and the flies were as thick as a flying carpet :lol: 
6th class and the top A grade class, they left us unsupervised on a rainy lunch break, thought we should have known better ..... who remembers when teacher were that gullible :lol:

T1 Terry