Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Remembers….?
(16-02-2023, 10:11 AM)wirrah Wrote: Fun fact - the original Arnotts bakery is just down the road from us.

Well there you go.
And I thought is was the factory at North Strathfield where the Bakehouse Quarter is now located. ( I use to play soccer on the fields there in the 70's)

But, as Wirrah has pointed out, I was out by about 40 years
https://australianfoodtimeline.com.au/ar...ory-opens/
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
What brand had the trademark with a bird on a perch eating a cracker held in one clawed foot and looking in a mirror ..... the sign was oval shaped and the line around the bottom part read "Quality is the best Policy" I remember it on a building as a kid, it was my first introduction to punning :lol: Footnote:

T1 Terry

: Footnote:
For those that need a pun explained, the birds name was Quality, looking in the mirror it says Quality is the best Pol I See" Pol as in "Polly wanna cracker" hence, the eating the cracker .....
It's not punny if you have to explain it eh :lol:
(17-02-2023, 03:48 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: What brand had the trademark with a bird on a perch eating a cracker held in one clawed foot and looking in a mirror ..... the sign was oval shaped and the line around the bottom part read "Quality is the best Policy" I remember it on a building as a kid, it was my first introduction to punning :lol: Footnote:

T1 Terry

: Footnote:
For those that need a pun explained, the birds name was Quality, looking in the mirror it says Quality is the best Pol I See" Pol as in "Polly wanna cracker" hence, the eating the cracker .....
It's not punny if you have to explain it eh :lol:

Arnotts?
(15-02-2023, 01:17 PM)Bagman Wrote: …. I remember 47 years ago my grandfather gave me a packet of Arnotts morning coffee biscuits…. Ok they weren’t no Tim Tam but that thought aways stuck in my mind… today they are also gone…

At Mid north Coast Motors we had those for morning tea every day, the service manager loved them and we ate them regardless.
(17-02-2023, 04:12 PM)BrisyGeorge Wrote: Arnotts?

Was it Salada? Have them most days..
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(17-02-2023, 04:12 PM)BrisyGeorge Wrote: Arnotts?

Their slogan is "There is no substitute for quality" but there is no idication it was always that way because their trademark changed quite some time back because it was very similar to an American trademark image
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story...-together/ and also confusion between Arnotts and Rosella bird logos      

The Arnotts logo does fit the image I remember so ....... 

T1 Terry
Bells on bicycles and riders that know how/when to use them……. Angry
We have a well used track that runs behind our beach that is popular.
There seems to be an explosion of e bikes that approach from behind at great, silent speed and without notice, that has resulted in a number of near misses…..even smaller kids on mountain bikes rarely use their bells…….how hard can it be…..?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(10-03-2023, 07:45 PM)Oldman Wrote: Bells on bicycles and riders that know how/when to use them……. Angry
We have a well used track that runs behind our beach that is popular.
There seems to be an explosion of e bikes that approach from behind at great, silent speed and without notice, that has resulted in a number of near misses…..even smaller kids on mountain bikes rarely use their bells…….how hard can it be…..?

I remember bells on bikes.

But it appears that your post would be much better suited to a “What Pisses Me Off” thread, like the very popular one moderator Lorraine started on the old, now defunct KC site.   Tongue

Are the mods here game to start or allow another one?  Just curious…….  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(10-03-2023, 07:56 PM)Grantus Wrote: I remember bells on bikes.

But it appears that your post would be much better suited to a “What Pisses Me Off” thread, like the very popular one moderator Lorraine started on the old, now defunct KC site.   Tongue

Are the mods here game to start or allow another one?  Just curious…….  Rolleyes

It was a good place to vent.  Smile
Vera - ‘75 Bay