Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
type 4 tinware non-return flap covers
That’s a brilliant article and provides the full picture….thanks for posting it !
Great to have folks here to fill in the gaps in my knowledge….. Cool
Link copied, moved and stuck in the Interior Section
Thanks Kiwi
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(02-03-2023, 03:50 PM)KIWI Wrote: The flaps are 021-119-263A LHS and 021-119-264A RHS:
Air non return flap

The gaskets are 256 325 021A LHS and 256 326 021A RHS:
Gasket - Heat exchanger cover

The covers are 021-256-321B LHS and 021-256-322A RHS:
Cover - Heat exchanger

I made new pins from 3mm brass rod. 56mm long LHS and 62.5mm long RHS.
I have the lot in my parts bin if you would like a look or to use as patterns.

When fitting the Engine cover plates to the Fan housing make sure you seal them as shown in this picture from 1500king:

PR

Thanks for all of this great info. I too had to make new pins but mine need a trim as one is too long and fouls. The picture you posted from 1500king is really low res and I can't make out what it is showing. Do you have a better pic?  I'll make some new gaskets from 3mm gasket material. Thanks again.
Mindset matters: whatever you do, do it with a smile and/or a bigger hammer
Living life in the kombi lane with Moby, 75 Bay.
T1 Terry

Don't forget, the deflector plate between the barrels must be fitted before the pushrod tubes go in, those are two pieces you don't want to be still in the box after all other tinware is on and tightened up  Wink 

Yeah, picked up on that one nice and early Smile
Mindset matters: whatever you do, do it with a smile and/or a bigger hammer
Living life in the kombi lane with Moby, 75 Bay.
(04-03-2023, 01:14 PM)Crankster Wrote: Thanks for all of this great info. I too had to make new pins but mine need a trim as one is too long and fouls. The picture you posted from 1500king is really low res and I can't make out what it is showing. Do you have a better pic?  I'll make some new gaskets from 3mm gasket material. Thanks again.
Andrew (1500king) did a great thread "Microbus 2l the resurrection" on the previous forum.
Unfortunately the thread was lost but I had downloaded a few pictures to remind me to do things properly...
If you look at this picture you will see a line of white going from top-left to bottom right.
EPDM door seal if I remember correctly?

According to the VW manual the pins are 56mm long LHS and 62.5mm long RHS.
PR
(04-03-2023, 01:14 PM)Crankster Wrote: Thanks for all of this great info. I too had to make new pins but mine need a trim as one is too long and fouls. The picture you posted from 1500king is really low res and I can't make out what it is showing. Do you have a better pic?  I'll make some new gaskets from 3mm gasket material. Thanks again.

It's nice that all this is reproed, I keep it in stock and use on most builds as they are usually missing.

3mm brazing rod is perfect. I use it also.

Door sealing self adhesive foam is what I usually use.