Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We've just lost another........Vale Tangles
(07-02-2023, 08:08 PM)Alpal Wrote: Sawtell 2015

Fond memeories of Tangles. Will be sadly missed.

Adore this pic, Al…..
Says it all  Heart
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
So sad to hear this news. We’ve lost another member of our Kombi and KRAS tribe way too soon. 
Tangles was one of the first KC members Paul and I met and needless to say, a top bloke. 
You’ll be missed mate. 

Vera - ‘75 Bay  

Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Alice and I were quite upset when we heard Brian had passed, but stayed up late drinking wine, knowing that Brian would have approved.

We always looked forward to catching up with Brian at Kombi Club Bus Stops. We spent many hours over Easters drinking red wine and talking crap. We always looked forward to seeing him, glass in hand, grin on his face and a smart comment in his mouth.

He was always generous enough to visit us when he was in Melbourne and we always made sure we had several good wine bottles to hand, and a good nearby wine bar to visit.
He was even kind enough to mind our somewhat excitable cattle dog for a month in our house when we departed on holiday to Thailand. No doubt his distinctive kombi out front attracted attention from the neighbours! We brought back a custom-made Kras apron for him, which I am not sure he really wanted to wear.

We had our last drinks together in 2019 when he last visited us, during which he excitedly bought a new guitar which we were fortunate enough to hear him play.
Alice and I were devastated when we heard the bad news last year, but were always hopeful he would recover and regale us again with stories of his kombi trips and vineyards. We can't believe that we will never have a glass of good red wine with Brian again.

Vale Brian! You were a wonderful guy, a gentleman and a scholar, and will be very much missed.
... Woz

I am that guy with three kombi-shaped statues on the front lawn.
Fond memories of him at Busstop, last saw him(or his bus anyway) on our trip to South Australia before Covid parked in Balaclava. Parked next to the Mushpit for a while but he didn’t appear before we left. So dad we couldn’t find him. 
I hope he sitting back and enjoying a red wherever he is!

Rest easy Tangles.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(08-02-2023, 12:40 AM)Van Housing Wrote: Vale Brian! You were a wonderful guy, a gentleman and a scholar, and will be very much missed.

….beautifully said Woz…..
Please give Alice a hug from us…..
Sad times.
Cheers,
Mark

This one made me sad when I heard this morning. But I am stoked to have known Brian, one of those souls whose name came up occasion despite not seeing him for years.
I will proudly don the KRAS shirt tonight and toast a kind man who I wish I could share a drink with one more time.
A few more pics:
Brian could never win against the kids......go figure.... Heart

Camped by the Lachlan river....Bus Stop at Forbes, probably the best one I've ever been to...

Post Bus Stop refreshments on the Monday......always a great wind down after the event, again Forbes

Alongside Hamish on the Morgan Ferry, heading to the Morgan bakery for coffee and pastries as recommended by Brian (back to the camera)
He was right !! they were awesome..... Cool

Heading towards Overland Corner for the night...
Hamish & Brian, Martin, Saabman/Bernie & ourselves

Cheers,
Mark

"Lets camp at Overland Corner for the night....there's a great old pub there...."
(We were heading towards Port Augusta to hook up with Wattie and others for a run across The Paddock)
Yeah right !!
We arrived in the darkness, setup camp only to find that the pub was now derelict ......
Good one Brian !! Big Grin
...such was his sense of humour.....

Cheers,
Mark

2015 was the first Dubs By The River. Out of 9 VWs that turned up 2 others were Kombi Club members - Geoff and Irene and then Tangles turns up in Hamish Mushpit. 

Brian dropped in home a few times over the years on his way passed. This usually ended up with a few beers at our local, always a laugh. 
Safe travels mate.