Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We've just lost another........Vale Tangles
This is a really hard post for me...........

This afternoon, Kombi Club's Brian/Brine/Tangles, Pilot of Hamish Mushpit passed away................
Brian had suffered a major stroke and had been in an induced coma, with little to no sign improvement for quite a while.
His relatives made the extremely hard but merciful decision to turn off life support this afternoon.

Brian was a giant amongst men......physically and metaphorically.
He travelled Australia in his kombi, "Hamish Mushpit" and had an uncanny knack of finding the most unspoilt free camps........always near fresh or saltwater.
On the former KC he would post fabulous pictures of his campsites and I'm sure many will remember those wonderful tales of his travels.

We shared a love of the Ocean and particularly the iconic surf film, "Morning of the Earth"......always cranking the soundtrack up, whenever our paths crossed.
Sue & I had the pleasure of Brian's company here at our place, offering him a break from his 4 wheeled palace whenever he drove through Sydney.
Ever the Gentleman, Brian always refused a bed in the house but joined us from sun-up to bedtime.....(which was often quite late as we all enjoyed a fine red..)
...and Brian always travelled with a cellar to be treasured....
Many roads were travelled together and many Bus Stops were iconic because of Brian's infectious nature and wicked sense of humour.

To the long time KC members that knew Brian, it breaks my heart to have to post this and please know that your grief is shared by many.
In memory of the great man, I ask that you crack a Red tonight, turn the volume up and listen to this song, paying particular attention to  the lyrics and remember the gentle soul that lives on in many a Kombi Club member's memories..

Simple Ben.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlguGbaoSY
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thanks Mark. Never met the man but always enjoyed his posts & where he could take that kombi of his.
Vale Tangles
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Very sad news, RIP Brian ole mate. Giant of a man with a heart of gold. Glad I got to know him at a couple of bus stops and our weekend at lancoorie. Heart Heart Heart

I’ve been trying to find some pics of him and mushpit, but they all on the other KCSite.
Cheers Brian and Cathy
Found couple pics, I had heaps but on other site.    
Cheers Brian and Cathy

Sawtell 2015

Fond memeories of Tangles. Will be sadly missed.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
A couple pics from Forbes, can’t seem to find ones from lancoorie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers Brian and Cathy
Heart 
Sad news. Rest easy Tangles. 
He was a lovely bloke and I was hoping he would have been at Bus Stop this year. 
An original founding member of the KRAS team.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Sad news indeed. 

Rest easy
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Very sad news indeed! 

Had some more than entertaining interactions with him on the old KC, but sadly, our paths never crossed in person.

Not the start to 2023 that we all hoped for………. But the fond memories will remain.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Very sad news. I remember his mushroom bus well. A lovely fellow way too young to leave this world. My heart aches for his family and friends. ?
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute