Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We've just lost another........Vale Tangles
Sad news indeed, I have a photo of the mushroom bus parked up in our home town of Central Tilba,
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
(18-02-2023, 11:52 AM)We spent a lot of time between Central Tilba and Bermagui. ?onetrackwonder Wrote: Sad news indeed, I have a photo of the mushroom bus parked up in our home town of Central Tilba,
(08-02-2023, 09:37 AM)Oldman Wrote: "Lets camp at Overland Corner for the night....there's a great old pub there...."
(We were heading towards Port Augusta to hook up with Wattie and others for a run across The Paddock)
Yeah right !!
We arrived in the darkness, setup camp only to find that the pub was now derelict ......
Good one Brian !! Big Grin
...such was his sense of humour.....

This was when we done the Nullarbor crossing
Cheers Brian and Cathy
Yup, that’s the one mate…… Wink
Same one that Geoff did his gearbox on….. Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Dare I ask the question, i know i am very late with this but never mind.,as I met the man only once and felt totally comfortable  in his company, spent quite some time talking about  the Mushpit  and other things ,i still remember the pizza night on the Monday  night when we all ordered individual  pizzas, every one but me got what  they  ordered, lol. So he stood said to all give Chris a slice ov yours ,in the end i think had more than  anyone, thats how was im sorry i never got to know him  better RIP  tangles.does anyone  know where  the mushpit is now ,has it been sold off,or is his family keeping it.
(19-09-2023, 06:52 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Dare I ask the question, i know i am very late with this but never mind.,as I met the man only once and felt totally comfortable  in his company, spent quite some time talking about  the Mushpit  and other things ,i still remember the pizza night on the Monday  night when we all ordered individual  pizzas, every one but me got what  they  ordered, lol. So he stood said to all give Chris a slice ov yours ,in the end i think had more than  anyone, thats how was im sorry i never got to know him  better RIP  tangles.does anyone  know where  it is now ,has it been sold off

Hey Chris. Hamish Mushpit the Magic Bus was left to Brian’s nephew, who sold him immediately to a guy in Adelaide. Broke my heart, but there you go. ☮️?☮️
(19-09-2023, 06:52 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Dare I ask the question, i know i am very late with this but never mind.,as I met the man only once and felt totally comfortable  in his company, spent quite some time talking about  the Mushpit  and other things ,i still remember the pizza night on the Monday  night when we all ordered individual  pizzas, every one but me got what  they  ordered, lol. So he stood said to all give Chris a slice ov yours ,in the end i think had more than  anyone, thats how was im sorry i never got to know him  better RIP  tangles.does anyone  know where  the mushpit is now ,has it been sold off,or is his family keeping it.
(19-09-2023, 06:56 PM)Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Wrote: Hey Chris. Hamish Mushpit the Magic Bus was left to Brian’s nephew, who sold him immediately to a guy in Adelaide. Broke my heart, but there you go. ☮️?☮️

Hi Jkw, I hope  he treats it with the love and respect  that Brian gave it. I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for it now know its over here..
Many thanks
Chris T
Just a quick update on the Mush Bus. Latest VWMA issue #81 page 60. SA Volksfest article.

Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling