Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old style Indicator arm not 'locking'
Photos of my indicator switch my spring does look more even in tension.

Straight

Left turn

Right turn

72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Big thank you for those photographs.  At least I now know that I have all of the correct parts in place.  Smile

I took the whole mechanism out yesterday and probably out of shear frustration (and nothing to lose, because it is broken anyway), I blasted it with brake cleaner inside and out.  After  it dried, the unit now holds when it turns to the right and also hold when it turns to the left as well.   
I will test it again this evening and reinstall it this weekend. Fingers crossed it carries on working after I screw it all back together and connect it all up again.

I guess I will find out if brake cleaner upsets the solder connections.
Daisy is on the road again!
(72 Cross.over Lowlight, painted in Kansas Beige and Pastel White)
Ocean View, QLD
(06-01-2023, 08:33 AM)Pabloako Wrote: Big thank you for those photographs.  At least I now know that I have all of the correct parts in place.  Smile

I took the whole mechanism out yesterday and probably out of shear frustration (and nothing to lose, because it is broken anyway), I blasted it with brake cleaner inside and out.  After  it dried, the unit now holds when it turns to the right and also hold when it turns to the left as well.   
I will test it again this evening and reinstall it this weekend. Fingers crossed it carries on working after I screw it all back together and connect it all up again.

I guess I will find out if brake cleaner upsets the solder connections.

You may have cleaned what ever was stopping it from locking into place. I would suggest using a light lubricant, as you have washed away the old lubricant.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !