Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIT WET!
(01-11-2022, 02:48 PM)wirrah Wrote: Bit wet? Over half our place is still under metres of water from July.

Just saying...

But it's a nice view from the kitchen window.

(13-11-2022, 09:52 PM)Grantus Wrote: More WET……followed by even more wet…….

Roll on Summer….. which will probably also be wet, like the last two….

Summer wet is nice when you are in fire prone area! Bring it on..
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
(14-11-2022, 01:06 PM)Alpal Wrote: Summer wet is nice when you are in fire prone area! Bring it on..

Agreed. That is the upside.

I haven’t seen the inside of a Fire Truck for 3 years now…….and def not missed it!
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Every bit of grass I cut is growing behind me. 36 hours on brushcutter and mower last week. 290 in the last 3 months. I'm glad I live up a hill!
Now the measurements were.. how many cubits?
When Northern SA cries enough you know its wet!
(14-11-2022, 08:13 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Every bit of grass I cut is growing behind me. 36 hours on brushcutter and mower last week. 290 in the last 3 months. I'm glad I live up a hill!
I never noticed the cost of fuel for my mower, blower, chainsaw and brush cutter, until the last two years………it actually is a noticeable cost, when it’s 5+ times as much as other “normal” years.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(14-11-2022, 08:13 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Every bit of grass I cut is growing behind me. 36 hours on brushcutter and mower last week. 290 in the last 3 months. I'm glad I live up a hill!

I must say I do not miss all the whipper snipping, mowing, slashing etc we had to do at our property at Nimbin.  Never ending, I swear it grew faster than we could cut it most of the year. It was high on a hill as well with 8 acres in front that needed slashing way too often. Andy would spend most of his weekend on the tractor, me half my life on rideons or whipper snipping as we liked the place to look nice.

Now it takes us just over an hour from start to finish once a week. 13.5 acres to 1300 sq metres makes a lot of sense for us as we are getting older. Smile
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
My new lawn mower for our local satellite dish property arrives on the weekend. It may be old, but 65hp will be a good start!