Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIT WET!
Lot of moisture in Melbourne last week. Tanks are overflowing.
All the wet has loosened the ground and a few old trees have dropped.
Only the second time in thirty years the dam filled and overflowed across the track.

Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Went through Orbost yesterday .. bit wet there too

A mate drove through Echuca the other day and the rive is full as
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
The Murrumbidgee at Tharwa is almost at the top of its banks……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
” The Murrumbidgee at Tharwa is almost at the top of its banks……”

And the almost always dry Lake George on the Federal Hwy, is actually a lake again for a while. Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(29-10-2022, 09:30 AM)Grantus Wrote: ” The Murrumbidgee at Tharwa is almost at the top of its banks……”

And the almost always dry Lake George on the Federal Hwy, is actually a lake again for a while. Cool

Who’s had the mower out then….. Tongue
Yes, driving home I saw water to the edge of the Federal Hwy / Lake George…..something I haven’t seen since the late ‘70s.  Cool
Cheers,
Mark

(29-10-2022, 03:35 PM)Oldman Wrote: Who’s had the mower out then….. Tongue

That’s tomorrow’s mission, top to bottom, during this 2 day reprieve from the wet, before it starts raining again on Monday, for the next bash. This next front is very “winter like” - max of 12 degrees on Tuesday, and max of 13 on Wednesday forecasted.  Confused

So another weekend of grass control, and firewood fetching, on the same days. Used to only have to do one or the other, depending upon whether it was summer or winter, not both the at the same time.

BTW, I took that pic when you, Sue, or your mum was standing beside me on your latest visit.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(28-10-2022, 04:59 PM)Alpal Wrote: Lot of moisture in Melbourne last week. Tanks are overflowing.
All the wet has loosened the ground and a few old trees have dropped.
Only the second time in thirty years the dam filled and overflowed across the track.

Are you kayaking down the driveway Al? 
Joseph had his hopes up when I told him his school bus might be replaced by a boat.   Big Grin

Although challenging to prune olive trees on an occasional dry day and draining water away from young trees and garlic as much as possible, it is so good to see full tanks and overflowing dams. Birds, frogs and wildlife thriving and I’ve only managed to get the mower bogged a few times!
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Water over the spillway at Blowering on Friday. Kids had a ball watching carp on the edge… some unable to fight the force and facing a fast ride into the river.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Carp should be given the drop without the water, hopefully they don’t survive the trip !
Cheers,
Mark