Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Origin Insight
(23-10-2022, 09:11 PM)Melissa Wrote: Absolutely agree Rick. The Bus Stop business has suffered since Roy's health decline and when anyone had the courage to complain about being ripped off, they were threatened with legal action.

I'm heading up to Qld in a couple of weeks
might stop in to Mudgeeraba and say hello and ask for an explanation (have to think about the consequences)
(23-10-2022, 04:28 PM)Grantus Wrote: Good “Part A” insight into the origins of The Kombi Club.

Now you need a further “Part B” post, to explain the ultimate demise of the Kombi Club, and the reasons why the independent Kombi Club Australia was formed…….

Ok so to clarify the Kombi Club full name was Kombi Club Australia as per the stickers and the banner that is used. I should not have expected people to be aware of this .... my bad. I did post it in the original thread but no doubt not read in full.

SO the name of the independent forum is purely the full name of the original name & the url with the Kombi Club being an abbreviation. The url has changed BUT the name is still the same. The original url/forum was also independent.

Some time back I contacted The Bus Stop about the payment of fees for the continuation of the forum and received this reply from Neil (he was not responsible to pay) - 
"Roy was controlling the kombi club site.

I have no roll in the kombi club & how Roy set it up is not straight forward."

As Roy had contracted Parkinsons Disease and has other health issues to the stage where he is under 24x7 care (his wife and daughter doing the heavy lifting here) unable to do basic things such as feed himself it would be a good guess that the Kombi Club Australia (Original Forum) was not a priority to him nor his family & is he cognitive enough to make decisions to continue to pay fees associated with running a website of no real value to him.

The banner used and under the custodianship of Melissa was the property of Roy/The Bus Stop and supposed to be used @ events to promote the Kombi Club Australia = bit hard when logistics prevents other states accessing use. So there is a question to be asked about reimbursement of the costs by this new KCA to take full ownership?????

If anyone thought that the original forum would last forever must have ????? ..... "tell 'em their dream'n".
Huh 52 years involved with NoH2O and H2O Volkswagens
(24-10-2022, 05:08 PM)Kahuna Kombi Wrote: Ok so to clarify the Kombi Club full name was Kombi Club Australia as per the stickers and the banner that is used. I should not have expected people to be aware of this .... my bad. I did post it in the original thread but no doubt not read in full.

SO the name of the independent forum is purely the full name of the original name & the url with the Kombi Club being an abbreviation. The url has changed BUT the name is still the same. The original url/forum was also independent.

Some time back I contacted The Bus Stop about the payment of fees for the continuation of the forum and received this reply from Neil (he was not responsible to pay) - 
"Roy was controlling the kombi club site.

I have no roll in the kombi club & how Roy set it up is not straight forward."

As Roy had contracted Parkinsons Disease and has other health issues to the stage where he is under 24x7 care (his wife and daughter doing the heavy lifting here) unable to do basic things such as feed himself it would be a good guess that the Kombi Club Australia (Original Forum) was not a priority to him nor his family & is he cognitive enough to make decisions to continue to pay fees associated with running a website of no real value to him.

The banner used and under the custodianship of Melissa was the property of Roy/The Bus Stop and supposed to be used @ events to promote the Kombi Club Australia = bit hard when logistics prevents other states accessing use. So there is a question to be asked about reimbursement of the costs by this new KCA to take full ownership?????

Perhaps we could just Dump it just like KC dumped us.
The old Kombi Club banner has been displayed at every Bus Stop location and Old Bar event since I’ve been involved in 2010. To suggest it could roam interstate is crazy in my opinion as few would be prepared to take responsibility for custodianship between events, let alone get it to the next state for the next local event. It’s a big, heavy sign, not conducive to be readily passed around…..
I think that all the business referrals to the Bus Stop parts supplier (when it was credible, in my opinion), and the leads provided on the old forum would have more than covered the cost of the banner……..just about every post by a member looking for a supplier was steered to the Bus Stop by other members or Mods. back then and would’ve resulted in many many sales.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(24-10-2022, 05:08 PM)Kahuna Kombi Wrote: If anyone thought that the original forum would last forever must have ????? ..... "tell 'em their dream'n".

It could’ve lasted a hell of a lot longer if the (now) owner, not Roy had been prepared to talk about relinquishing the ownership of the site……we had many people offering to pay the hosting fees, so cost would not have been an issue.
The site could’ve rolled over without losing all those years of valuable knowledge and information and all the wonderful event reports and pics. All our requests went unanswered, the site became flaky and eventually locked everyone out and we lost just about everything.
The solution was very simple…….
Cheers,
Mark

Can't agree Mark.

Roy still owns the banner irrespective of referrals and sales ..... know I spent a few thousand with him but never expected the banner to be just handed over ..... the movement logistically of it I agree with but it became to be only used for the bus stop only which was NOT the intended purpose.

The original Forum and the Kombi Club Australia was still under Roy's control ..... where the funds came from well pick a box. Roy didn't dump the original KCA his health did - is it definitively confirmed by Roy that payments were the responsibility of The Bus Stop ..... transferring ownership would have been very expensive and more so with software support for the contents.

If everyone is so pissed about what happened then why assume ownership of Roy's club, setup a url/forum in his club's name, design it the same format as his (I know this answer) and then copy threads which are the property of Roy &/or Prophecy Enterprises as the site developer ..... did anyone look into copyright and/or plagiarism of web sites and contents  Huh.

All I've done is set out the origin of the Kombi Club Australia as NO one on here knew it and just accepted it was 25/06/2005 - as I did post on the original KCA forum ..... never let the truth get in the way of a good story - post got deleted with no reason but that's the way the boat floated.
Huh 52 years involved with NoH2O and H2O Volkswagens
Whooooosh…….
Cheers,
Mark

Well,

Theft all round as the terms weren't clear from the start.

KCA (Melissa) got the sign for Bus Stop & the closure of the site got ALL the old information.

Seems somewhat inequitable but thus is divorce  Sad . Have some experience there Dodgy .

To Oldman & Melissa & whomever else was involved in the 'Lazarus resurrection of KCA' you have my eternal thanks & respect Smile . Moving on..... let's rebuild & be clear how this site is now funded!

Could it now be made clear where this site is 'funded from' so it can last forever & not suffer another collapse with the health of the fundee.

Cheers & that's my 2 cents worth.
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Happy to send the banner back - it will never be used again anyway as that forum is no longer around. It was used at some events in QLD such as Klubfest and it was also displayed at Old Bar along with every Bus Stop. 

Bert -do you really think Neil wants it back? Roy has been in touch with me and this forum has his support - stop stirring what isnt there. I have also been in touch with Vince (Prophet) as per Roy's request and he cannot help us either.

You didn't agree when we discussed this before this new forum was set up and didn't believe me when I said the forum was being tarnished by the business actions of Neil.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(24-10-2022, 07:24 PM)Kahuna Kombi Wrote: Can't agree Mark.

Roy still owns the banner irrespective of referrals and sales ..... know I spent a few thousand with him but never expected the banner to be just handed over ..... the movement logistically of it I agree with but it became to be only used for the bus stop only which was NOT the intended purpose.

The original Forum and the Kombi Club Australia was still under Roy's control ..... where the funds came from well pick a box. Roy didn't dump the original KCA his health did - is it definitively confirmed by Roy that payments were the responsibility of The Bus Stop ..... transferring ownership would have been very expensive and more so with software support for the contents.

If everyone is so pissed about what happened then why assume ownership of Roy's club, setup a url/forum in his club's name, design it the same format as his (I know this answer) and then copy threads which are the property of Roy &/or Prophecy Enterprises as the site developer ..... did anyone look into copyright and/or plagiarism of web sites and contents  Huh.

All I've done is set out the origin of the Kombi Club Australia as NO one on here knew it and just accepted it was 25/06/2005 - as I did post on the original KCA forum ..... never let the truth get in the way of a good story - post got deleted with no reason but that's the way the boat floated.

Do you have the original terms and conditions.  How do yo know who owns the rights to individual members post & pics.  Mate perhaps you should go join another forum and stop shit stirring here.  Ha you cant ban me for this like you liked to do to those that posted stuff you didnt like on the old forum.