Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Bar 2022
(05-10-2022, 10:55 AM)wirrah Wrote: Smile No golds at the moment (Phantom was our only gold). The Engies are a blue roan (Kit Walker), 2 orange roans (Georgiana Darcy and Ginevra Weasley) and an orange and white (Iseult). The American is solid black (Einstein)

Sorry I felt like typing.

Ha ha haaa…..it all helps me identify any potential “Wirrah” types that wander into my world….. Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Jake was a regular visitor for Billie.....

mmmmm....fire pit potato...

....and why I never made it to the Camp Kitchen....

Cheers,
Mark

...and Billie loved it when Sue wanted a bit of quiet book time..... Smile

....and when I had time in the hammock..... Cool

mmmmm....fire and meat....doesn't get much better on a clear, cold evening..... Big Grin

(Apologies to the vego’s……  Wink )
Cheers,
Mark

(05-10-2022, 05:01 PM)Oldman Wrote: ...and Billie loved it when Sue wanted a bit of quiet book time..... Smile

....and when I had time in the hammock..... Cool

mmmmm....fire and meat....doesn't get much better on a clear, cold evening..... Big Grin

(Apologies to the vego’s……  Wink )
You can't ask for a better weekend than that.
(05-10-2022, 07:53 AM)Oldman Wrote: For the first time, I tarped over the kombi ‘cause the wind was blowing rain against the pop top canvas and I really didn’t need to be wet inside as well as outside.
I must say, we were very impressed with your award winning, all weather, all functioning campsite - a total home away from home.

And to see you “work for Bintang”, to help neighbours split firewood, was also an impressive touch. Smile

Great weekend, and awesome to catch up with both, along with other familiar faces, and some new ones.

Learning from the learned, we booked next years accomodation on Sunday, before checking out early Monday.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(05-10-2022, 07:53 AM)Oldman Wrote: So, if you hear of a certain member being referred to as “Tiger”,…… you’ll know why …..

Monday afternoon sees a hotly contested boules tournament.
Initiated by Terese (many thanks legend!)! this has become a regular event for those that hang around a bit longer…..and yet another excuse to catch up with each other. 
With the passing of our very much loved KCA member Peter Josling , this event is now known as the “Peter Josling Memorial Boules Tournament”.
Entry fee is a plate or contribution to the nibbles table, which is steadily growing to represent a substantial culinary grazing delight.

You forgot to mention that "Tiger" is also Womens' Boules Champion too!!  Wink
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(06-10-2022, 04:24 PM)Melissa Wrote: You forgot to mention that "Tiger" is also Womens' Boules Champion too!!  Wink

I was going to add that ........ but I didn't think anyone would believe me !!!  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark

(05-10-2022, 09:04 PM)Grantus Wrote: I must say, we were very impressed with your award winning, all weather, all functioning campsite - a total home away from home.

And to see you “work for Bintang”, to help neighbours split firewood, was also an impressive touch. Smile

Great weekend, and awesome to catch up with both, along with other familiar faces, and some new ones.

Learning from the learned, we booked next years accomodation on Sunday, before checking out early Monday.  Wink

Not sure about award winning..... Wink, but it must have been be ok to keep Sue dry and warm by the fire in those conditions !!
(....and there's not much I won't do for an ice cold Binny or two  Big Grin )
Yes, re-booking upon departure is a must once you find a good spot in Lani's / Old Bar.....so many people miss out on what goes on in the campground 'cause they can't get a site...
I reckon it's better than the festival itself.....a bit like a Bus Stop without the organisational commitments.....very laid back.
Just my style.  Cool
Cheers,
Mark

(07-10-2022, 03:42 PM)Oldman Wrote: Not sure about award winning..... Wink, but it must have been be ok to keep Sue dry and warm by the fire in those conditions !!
(....and there's not much I won't do for an ice cold Binny or two  Big Grin )
Yes, re-booking upon departure is a must once you find a good spot in Lani's / Old Bar.....so many people miss out on what goes on in the campground 'cause they can't get a site...
I reckon it's better than the festival itself.....a bit like a Bus Stop without the organisational commitments.....very laid back.
Just my style.  Cool
I am stoked that you all had a great weekend unfortunately dur to other commitments we didn't make it out there this year.
And the dining report:

I went to purchase a case of 24 Coronas at the bottle shop, but when I put the case on the counter to pay, the staff informed me that 2 x 12 bottle boxes of Corona, were cheaper, and even helped carry back the 24 case to do the swap…….go figure?

Luriyas Thai on Friday night, with the home grown fresh produce, was as superb as ever.

The Old Bar Village Cafe served excellent food for brunch on Sat & Sun.

Flow Bar had fresh oysters on Saturday night, so the rest of the food paled into insignificance. Downside on a very busy night, was one of the orders was misplaced, so left one of our table diners, without food, until they had to alert management of the error. A bit poor, considering you order and pay in full up front.

And Club Old Bar on Sunday night, with 150 bookings, managed to get their limited menu produced in a timely manner.

I didn’t partake in any “Carny Food”, but don’t feel I missed anything there……..

Any other members care to speak about their 2022 Old Bar experience?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab