Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natures Special Moments
After sunny and windy days the lake (read flood water) was reduced somewhat. However, as some may have noticed, it has been raining. A lot. So now we are almost back to full flood levels.

A special moment in the back yard...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
(05-07-2022, 05:20 PM)wirrah Wrote: After sunny and windy days the lake (read flood water) was reduced somewhat. However, as some may have noticed, it has been raining. A lot. So now we are almost back to full flood levels.

A special moment in the back yard...

Nice to have the water where it is needed most... Smile
Graham

Wilson a 76 Harbour Blue camper
(05-07-2022, 06:34 PM)gdrabs Wrote: Nice to have the water where it is needed most... Smile

The Spirit of the Hunter River must have read your post as it decided to let the waters flow and quadrupled the amount for us. Our lake has become an ocean. These trees were high and dry until last night. 

I went out to go to the post office in Lorn but the traffic queue was a couple of kilometres long so gave up. Lucky I did as our own access road is filling with water.

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
And the special moments keep rolling in...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
Is it easing Greg? We didn't get too much rain today.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(07-07-2022, 05:51 PM)wirrah Wrote: And the special moments keep rolling in...

Hope all this water is not going to turn into a problem Greg
Graham

Wilson a 76 Harbour Blue camper
(07-07-2022, 06:46 PM)Melissa Wrote: Is it easing Greg? We didn't get too much rain today.

Hi Melissa, this is all flood water from the Hunter. It's now at 10 metres and still rising at Maitland. Spaniels are now confined to the house as part of the yard is underwater and to avoid them swimming off to Hexham. Hopefully the river will peak tonight. I need to get into town  Cry
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
Be better tomorrow Greg. You'll be able to swim downstream into town Arrow
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(07-07-2022, 07:53 PM)DavidH Wrote: Be better tomorrow Greg. You'll be able to swim downstream into town Arrow
Cheers

I'll pinch the neigbour's dingy!
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I've asked for a quote from Stratco - 1 veranda - 500km long, 200km wide and posts 1.2km high, No Gutters. To be installed from woolongong northwards and sloping from east to west. You lot have had enough water for the next several years, we'll take whatever falls from now on!
Report said places were getting 150mm in a day. We seldom get more than that  in  a year.