Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not everyone likes a kombi…..
(23-09-2022, 08:42 PM)Alpal Wrote: Always thought you looked a little suspect Herr Mark!

Thanks Al  Big Grin
………I think I’ve taken on some of the attributes of the people I associate with  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(23-09-2022, 03:52 PM)Oldman Wrote: Yes, it seems that the are very polarising vehicles……either loved or hated with no inbetween….

There was a woman who used to come into the salon who would inform me of her hate of Kombi's because when she lived on the Gold Coast, they were everywhere and so slow. I was quick to remind her she drove an old diesel 4wd and towed a caravan... at least what we drive looks cool!  Big Grin
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Goodonya Chrissy  Cool
Cheers,
Mark

(25-09-2022, 09:27 AM)Ninga Wrote: There was a woman who used to come into the salon who would inform me of her hate of Kombi's because when she lived on the Gold Coast, they were everywhere and so slow. I was quick to remind her she drove an old diesel 4wd and towed a caravan... at least what we drive looks cool!  Big Grin

Forty minutes from Mermaid Beach to Burleigh ………………..you have to be kidding………..and then you can not get a park………these days it doesn’t matter what your driving. !!!
……and why I wouldn’t bother any more….
I’d rather relish the memories of that stretch of coast in the ‘70’s…. Cool
Sure, there was a pecking order but at least you could get a wave.
Cheers,
Mark

(25-09-2022, 04:56 PM)Karen Ashton Wrote: Forty minutes from Mermaid Beach to Burleigh ………………..you have to be kidding………..and then you can not get a park………these days it doesn’t matter what your driving. !!!

Haha! True Kazz. But… was she really annoyed about the fact of being delayed? And was the weirdo Mark had to deal with untrusting? Nah, I reckon it’s the envy of the fun they know we have in our buses that irks them.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Had the strangest exchange at the local servo that is maybe 100 mtrs down the road from the workshop. I was in the orange ex taxi Prius with the T1 Lithium signs on the doors both sides, filled a 4 jtr Jerry can and decided to top up the tank at the same time .... went in to pay the massive $38 bill for the fuel and realised I'd left my phone that had my credit card in the holder, back at the workshop. So I said I'd be back in a minute, I forgot my phone with my card in it .... No way was she going to let me leave without payment  Huh We have bought fuel from that servo for the last 7 yrs, who could not remember seeing an orange Prius in the driveway regularly filling up? Sure. it would have been my wife doing the refueling but seriously ..... She wanted me to leave something of a greater value than the $38 owing for petrol .... I didn't have anything on me, asked for my licence .... it's on the phone ...... finally I had to sign a note that I owed $38 and that I would be back to pay it within 30 mins or she would call the police as a drive off without paying ..... She couldn't even remember me coming in regularly with a yellow Kombi and filling with LPG ..... like that would happen every day ... when I returned 15 mins later with the credit card, all I got was a "just as well you came back and paid" ..... I now go down to the big chain servo another 200 mtrs down the road, if I'm going to be treated like an unknown then I might as well get the fuel a few cents cheaper rather than looking after the locals .......

T1 Terry