Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
(19-01-2024, 06:17 PM)Oldman Wrote: Re-packed the wheel bearings on the Pod trailer.....
It'll be following us to Merimbula for TBS 2024.
Big Grin

Just make sure it doesn’t overtake you at any stage. 

All the towing bits also double checked, to ensure it only follows you.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Delivered my Subaru to its new owner in Gordon (ACT), had a few drinks on the waterfront at Kingston and caught the train home. Sad to see the Forester go. Very economical and reliable over the 10 years ownership.

[Image: 72k696k4d9jpqujxna166edmj.jpg?pxc_width=...ethod=Crop]
(19-01-2024, 08:29 PM)syncro Wrote: Delivered my Subaru to its new owner in Donald (ACT), had a few drinks on the waterfront at Kingston and caught the train home. Sad to see the Forester go. Very economical and reliable over the 10 years ownership.

[Image: 72k696k4d9jpqujxna166edmj.jpg?pxc_width=...ethod=Crop]

I just gotta ask, after living in the ACT since 1984…………where is “Donald”?????  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Do I need to start a new Tow Truck thread?  Tongue

First one of my vehicles to get a ride on a tow truck this year was the Beetle, yesterday.

Little bit of back story - Scott drove Mickey back at the very start of December - he told me when he got home (I was at work), that the thermostat light was red and flashing and beeping at him as he was coming home and when he pulled into the driveway, it was dripping coolant. I growled at him and thought it was probably a split hose and would look at it after our trip to the UK. When we got back, I topped up the coolant and let it sit, hoping that any split hoses would drip so I could see where it was coming from. Had started it and let it sit etc and the tank hadn't gone down so I took it for a spin yesterday and got about 3kms away and the light came on again and was beeping -pulled into the undercover carpark and let it cool down while I went shopping. Came back after about 45 mins and the level had dropped so I topped it up and headed home - got 2kms down the road and the light came on and beeping at me again so I pulled over - called my mechanic and told him to expect it and called my Shannons Roadside assist and waited for the tow truck.

It's probably the water pump which means the timing belt will get done at the same time. He does have 230 000+ kms on the clock and I don't have evidence of a lot of work done before I bought it a few years ago so I can't complain. I definitely get my money's worth out of my roadside assist Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Bugger !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(19-01-2024, 08:51 PM)Grantus Wrote: I just gotta ask, after living in the ACT since 1984…………where is “Donald”?????  Rolleyes

Oops! Try Gordon I'm sure you know where that is. Too many drinks at Kingston. Big Grin
(20-01-2024, 07:40 AM)Melissa Wrote: Do I need to start a new Tow Truck thread?  :

Hope it is a easy fix for you Melissa. Yes you will have to Tongue start a new thread but i'm saying nothing else as karma bites, when you least expect it. Blush Rolleyes
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Yes, we need the tow truck thread but I hope to never be a contributor! 

Will Scotty be allowed to take Mickey out again when he returns home?  Big Grin
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(21-01-2024, 09:27 AM)Ninga Wrote: Yes, we need the tow truck thread but I hope to never be a contributor! 

Will Scotty be allowed to take Mickey out again when he returns home?  Big Grin

I dont like him driving my cars - I dont even like him driving my new Touareg!  Blush
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(21-01-2024, 06:27 PM)Melissa Wrote: I dont like him driving my cars - I dont even like him driving my new Touareg!  Blush

Poor Scott  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Cheers Brian and Cathy