Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
Let's roll this one on as well....
About to chuck the Notch battery on charge so that it's ready to cruise to Jamestown for PUMPS Breakfast Club tomorrow morning.
PUMPS is Peterborough United Machinery Preservation Society, originally stationary engines and tractor collectors, now has 90 members mostly with cars.
Breakfast Club is like Coffee and Cars but named by someone who I think is a Molly Ringwald fan...! Rolleyes
Thanks mate….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(02-07-2022, 10:23 AM)Wombatventures Wrote: Let's roll this one on as well....
About to chuck the Notch battery on charge so that it's ready to cruise to Jamestown for PUMPS Breakfast Club tomorrow morning.
PUMPS is Peterborough United Machinery Preservation Society, originally stationary engines and tractor collectors, now has 90 members mostly with cars.
Breakfast Club is like Coffee and Cars but named by someone who I think is a Molly Ringwald fan...! Rolleyes

Nice - do they drive a pink Karmann Ghia like hers in Pretty In Pink (my favourite movie EVER)?  Shy
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
He probably should Melissa, but sadly he drives a late 70s Fairlaine.
Funny enough,  Bec and I watched the Breakfast Club a couple of weeks ago, her first time, and now she's become a Molly Ringwald fan To! Rolleyes
Spent another day working on Carols 70 Beetle'
Been painted after a strip down 11 years ago.
Brain fade on what goes where! Boxes of bits getting sorted.
Big challenge is sorting the electrics. All labelled when it was torn down but a bit faded.

(08-07-2022, 08:52 PM)Alpal Wrote: Spent another day working on Carols 70 Beetle'
Big challenge is sorting the electrics. All labelled when it was torn down but a bit faded.

Back to bare metal (11 Years ago)

Been working on Carols 70 Beetle.
Stripped down 11 years ago. Decided to get friend to do the painting.
Now trying to find all the bits and work out where they go.
(08-07-2022, 08:52 PM)Alpal Wrote: Spent another day working on Carols 70 Beetle'

Back to bare metal (11 Years ago)

As you easily dismantled it, it all seemed so obvious. Like, “no need to label those bits, I’ll remember”……

I thought I was methodical enough with the Single Cab strip down, and boxed up and labeled the area I was working in.

Mine was only 2 summers and a winter, so a fairly short amount of time in comparative Kombi resto’s, but it surprised me how many little bits became a mystery, when it came to putting it back together………..

Thankfully I could check on the Velle, like “here’s one we prepared earlier”, for the right clues.  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab

Primer a few weeks ago

Colour done.
[attachment=449

[quote="Alpal" pid="825" dateline="1657280127"]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice. LTC Smile.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Buying a kombi that some one else pulled apart with limited labelling Dodgy didn't help, You'll work it out.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
1971 Super Beetle. Struggled with the electrics. Nearly there. Not sure how the reverse lights were wired into the light housing. I've drilled an extra hole for the wire.
Put one weber on. Nice tight fit. Well. Not nice, but I think I got it.