Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
(18-05-2023, 04:07 PM)Njg02 Wrote: Drove my daughter to the church on her wedding day.
Have been working on the beetle for too long. With a couple of months' notice, I finished it off.
Trailered it down from CQ and drove the car from Camden to Botany then to Carlton and back to Randwick for the reception.

So special  Smile .  Good onya legend Wink .
Another memory made.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Kernewek Lowender Cornish Festival this weekend.
Spending the weekend in the Copper Triangle.
Time for a gin (Bec) and some beers (Me).

I've been working on the brakes of the '56 Cabrio and fixing the bits that are missing or not done correctly. Had to do some research as most people don't know what the original parts were. So I went to VW to get the master cylinder mounting bolts which are M8x42mm. Now these are used on VWs (including T2 and T3 steering columns) to at least the early 2000s so I thought they may be available. No was told NLA. "While you're there can you check these spring washers". (I have been unable to find what the original washers were as they had an unusual part number) "yes there are 2 in stock in Sydney". I'll take them then.

The next day my washers arrived. I have never seen washers like these before.

I checked the part number of the bolts and they are common to Audi, Skoda and Porsche. Rang the Porsche dealer "yes we have them in stock and I'll post them tomorrow" Success!
Tried to fit my 123 distributor today. I bought a brand new Empi distributor clamp for it at the nationals. Found out that EMPI clamps are not compatible with 123 distributors. Luckily Vintage Vee Dub Supplies came to the rescue with a used genuine VW one.

[Image: 123bo4.jpg]
Today I replaced replaced a split CV boot.  I started early,  got the drive shaft off, CV joints off and cleaned, new boots on and put together, greased her up and installed in just under two hours.  Super happy with that, but it is still too early for a beer to celebrate, so I had a celebratory bacon sandwich instead.
I noticed that the belt was tight on the '75 L a few months ago. Decided on Saturday to loosen it off. Went to tighten the nut and the shaft turned. Found out that I had been driving around without the woodruff key. That could have been disastrous. Monday go to Vintage Vee Dub Supplies to get a key and buy a new alternator belt to replace the incorrect generator belt that was fitted. Tuesday fitted the new belt but only had 7 washers to adjust the belt. Luckily a local friend had some spares so my 5 minute job ended up taking 4 days. All because someone didn't know what they were doing. The story of second hand VWs.
(18-05-2023, 04:07 PM)Njg02 Wrote: Drove my daughter to the church on her wedding day.
Have been working on the beetle for too long. With a couple of months' notice, I finished it off.
Trailered it down from CQ and drove the car from Camden to Botany then to Carlton and back to Randwick for the reception.

Both bride and beetle look gorgeous!
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Put 6 months rego on the mk3 ... found a parking spot at the mall beside another cabriolet 

Love Mk 3 cabriolets. 

One of the Friday night crew up here has shoehorned a R36 motor in one
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Re-packed the wheel bearings on the Pod trailer.....
It'll be following us to Merimbula for TBS 2024.
Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light