Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
(20-03-2023, 11:36 AM)T1 Terry Wrote: For a reason only Margaret understands, the carpet, lino (that had been there since it was built) all had to be torn up removing the top lay, and often another few layers down, of the ply flooring. Naturally, being an ex Japanese small bus converted to a motorhome, the cupboards, shower and ever thing else was put on top on the existing flooring.
So, many hrs work using a very large tin of "Builders Bog" has been used to make the floor flat again as well as filling in the holes in the corners where water had sat when it was mopped out in it's early days as a bus. As anyone who has used bog, if you are not working with it on a regular basis, the levelling process requires quick work and knowing when to stop fiddling with it because it just makes a mess ....... that is the point the project manager determined it it must be my job now .......  Rolleyes So, a week and three days to get it, the Kombi and all the work still in the shop left to complete so we can get to the '23 Bus Stop .... thankfully it's only an hr or so down the road from here  Big Grin

T1 Terry
It has to be now because you missed the hints she wanted it done before this! Wink
You know the saying - "happy wife, happy life"  Big Grin
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(20-03-2023, 04:10 PM)Melissa Wrote: It has to be now because you missed the hints she wanted it done before this! Wink
You know the saying - "happy wife, happy life"  Big Grin

:lol: That is why the Hino has to go in the first place  Rolleyes I was reminded this morning that either my ability to interpret a calendar or my maths skills aren't quite up to such complex tasks, it is two weeks not one week, so, no rush for another now week :lol:
Needles in the eyes today, so I'll use that as an excuse, vision not up to the task  Cool

T1 Terry
Went on a shopping trip to Vintage Vee dub Supplies in Sydney today to get some bits for my latest vehicle. It's getting hard to get quality parts nowadays.

Love the sunroof Smile . Back in 74 mate had a rag top 57. Oval plastic rear window. Wouldn't 'pull a skin off a custard' Sad . Most steep hills required reverse as this was a lower gear.
That one looks very nice Shy .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(17-04-2023, 09:41 PM)DavidH Wrote: Love the sunroof Smile . Back in 74 mate had a rag top 57. Oval plastic rear window. Wouldn't 'pull a skin off a custard' Sad . Most steep hills required reverse as this was a lower gear.
Cheers

It's not in pristine condition but it is very original and is very complete. The colour is the factory Maya and the sunroof is a dealer fitted option Webasto.
(17-04-2023, 09:41 PM)DavidH Wrote: Love the sunroof Smile . Back in 74 mate had a rag top 57. Oval plastic rear window. Wouldn't 'pull a skin off a custard' Sad . Most steep hills required reverse as this was a lower gear.
Cheers

You also had to park the early ones facing down hill, not for the clutch start in the morning, although that was another value added feature, but more to stop the oil running out around the scroll seal on the bottom pulley  Rolleyes I remember adding felt seals behind the pulley to a customers car every 3 mths or so because the only spot he could park it under cover required parking on a slope in a body corporate car park that required all vehicles to park nose in to the wall, probably because their driving skills in reverse parking weren't up to scratch ....

T1 Terry
Ahhh.... the joys of owning a VW....

lucky I have a son who has a diagnostic scanner.     
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
I bought an OBDII for our Subaru……it’s paid for itself several times over !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Drove my daughter to the church on her wedding day.
Have been working on the beetle for too long. With a couple of months' notice, I finished it off.
Trailered it down from CQ and drove the car from Camden to Botany then to Carlton and back to Randwick for the reception.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Beautiful !
….and what a great way to contribute to the memorable occasion.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light