Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Old Bar Beach Festival
(29-09-2022, 01:11 PM)Grantus Wrote: Any live current weather observations from those early arrivers?  Rolleyes

Unfortunately the weather this weekend is looking to be fairly average with rain but fining up on monday. In saying that we have had a few fine or overcast days this week with some rain but no hail so far (fingers crossed for a great weekend). The good news is that Old Bar road is dug up again. Hoping for a great weekend for you all.
Damned weather. Temora has just cancelled "Warbirds Down-Under" because of  wet soggy grounds.
We arrived this afternoon and it has showered then cleared and showered again. Damp grounds but bring the gumboots and you will be fine
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(29-09-2022, 08:14 PM)AC-T3 Wrote: Damned weather. Temora has just cancelled "Warbirds Down-Under" because of  wet soggy grounds.

May as well head north then, to Old Bar…..
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(29-09-2022, 08:47 PM)Melissa Wrote: We arrived this afternoon and it has showered then cleared and showered again. Damp grounds but bring the gumboots and you will be fine

Gum boots, “Drizabone”, & multiple umbrellas packed……just so we won’t need them on Sunday.  Wink

Even leaving the sunscreen at home,  so I can curse that I didn’t have it, just when I needed it!  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I was really wanting to get to Warbirds just before Covid hit, and it was a thought when we started off on this Old Bar/Revolks trip. Glad we came to Old Bar instead. Just under 2000km driving so far, and caught up with a few family and friends on the way as well. More to come! 

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
So the weather was superb, although still very damp underfoot, (gum boots required) on Saturday, but improved and less mud on Sunday.

Full report in the “Event Discussion” forum soon.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab