Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
69 Baywindow Resurrection- The time has come!
Oohh! That's mean Grant.... Confused Wink
Maybe have to tow it down with the Fix It Again Tony!
Not meant to be mean buddy…… just a helpful reality reminder.

You started this awesome thread with a 12 month completion deadline.  Shy
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(05-12-2022, 10:40 PM)Grantus Wrote: Not meant to be mean buddy…… just a helpful reality reminder.

Just like an IT project...
Double the time, double the cost.
No problem ? 
PR
(05-12-2022, 10:40 PM)Grantus Wrote: Not meant to be mean buddy…… just a helpful reality reminder.

Was joking Grant.  Big Grin
I'm plodding away at it. Still plan to get it done in time.
Welded in the new piece of channel in the underside of the bus on Saturday. Once it's covered in KBS chassis sealer it will almost be invisible.

Sunday was passenger dogleg day, or at least the beginning...

The inner has some rust holes up high but otherwise is not to bad. Not sure if I can save the bumper bracket yet. One bolt has broken off. Will drill it out and try to save it.

Gave the outer rust hole a clean up...

I have cut out both the inner and outer corner and fabbed up new sections but forgot to take photos. Will add them later.
Both doors have this rust spot.....

I'm assuming it is at the bottom of the window channel?
Job for later.
So as we know all my good intentions fell in a bloody great hole over Xmas/New Year and the start of 2023. 
I'll just say life got in the way and leave it there.... Wink
I had a couple of spare hours this weekend and the welder was out, so decided to get back into the swing of things by starting to repair the passenger side bumper step...

The rust is caused by moisture staying between the step rubber and the metal. I had section of old 2mm sheet that I'd rescued so a bit of cutting and fab work...

And a bit of welding and grinding....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-07-2022, 09:10 AM)Wombatventures Wrote: Brake drums look good...

Gave them a sandpaper service...

Will service or replace the bearings when I do the brakes. Not sure whether to get the brake cylinders rebuilt or replace them. Will ring the brake mob I know in Adelaide tomorrow. I think original rebuilt would be good, but might be pricey.

Pretty sure these are original...

Adjusters still move. Needs a new boot.
Did the other side as well.

The reservoir definitely needs replacing...

And the master cylinder will need rebuilding or replacing...

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

May 27
Lot of other yard jobs today but did have a dig and a go with the wire wheel. Quite a chunk of rust around it..
The way I see it ,you certainly  have your work cut out  ,and don't forget that annex you wanted is still there and now he said he does not want anything for it. It's yours for  nix.