Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
What could possibly go wrong owning an Eos?

Been pouring here in Sydney lately, and the Eos gets a leak going if you dont keep the drains clean.
Need to open the roof, get the trusty bent paper clip and clean a couple of "tiny" holes in the A pillars.

Anyway, we were going out Sunday after noon for mothers day with our kids and grand kids.
Then Lea had to go out on Monday and to Newcastle on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Being the good bloke I am, the rain briefly stopped Sunday morning, I decided to give the drains a clean.
Lowered the roof
Cleaned the drains
Went to put the roof back up...........................and......................nothing.
Roof just stayed tucked up in the boot.

Tried all sorths of thing but nope..................roof stayed open and it started sprinkling.

Did I mention i dont have a garage?

Luckily I do have an undercover parking spot in a block of units 5kms away that I keep one of the kombis in
So I swapped it over and told Lea she has the T3 for the next couple of days while I try and get it fixed.
Not happy

Anyway - Julian, the mechanic I use, came to the rescue.
We are really not sure what we / he did.
Checked for error codes, blown fuses, release pressure in the hydraulic tank.

The only real thing different is he help the close button on for like 30 seconds instead of the 10 secs I was doing
Normally it is instant.

So it is working again.
Cautiously tried it a couple of times.

So - just like Mr Clease, I "almost" gave my non-kombi VW a damn good thrassing with a branch
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy