Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kombi Spotting
Spotted in Copenhagen outside the ruzzian embassy. The sky shows excellent exposure with good contrast and detail.

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Butler WA

On a perfect balmy Indonesian day,  this afternoon:

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Dubs by the river at Morgan    
…60 sec charge up  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm just back from a month in Cyprus - my partner is Greek Cypriot - and was surprised by how few Kombi's (and aircooled VWs in general) I saw over there. I might have counted 4? and one Type 4 wagon.

It dawned on me that most of the original Cypriot Kombis are likely now in the UK, much like the 300+ original Australian ones that have been shipped over. Cyprus is RHD, and a very dry climate means that rust is minimal in Cypriot vehicles.

Cyprus (and Australia) wants its Kombis back!  Cool
-------------------------------
Murray
1969 Sunliner
1963 Mercedes 220S
1964 Mercedes 220S

Sunshine Coast, Australia
(21-09-2023, 09:07 AM)Squalo Wrote: I'm just back from a month in Cyprus - my partner is Greek Cypriot - and was surprised by how few Kombi's (and aircooled VWs in general) I saw over there. I might have counted 4? and one Type 4 wagon.

It dawned on me that most of the original Cypriot Kombis are likely now in the UK, much like the 300+ original Australian ones that have been shipped over. Cyprus is RHD, and a very dry climate means that rust is minimal in Cypriot vehicles.

Cyprus (and Australia) wants its Kombis back!  Cool

I doubt  very much that anyone who  owns  won would give it back  , lol.
(02-07-2022, 08:47 PM)Barry Wrote: Spotted this sad one hiding in the back yard in a town called Wingen

The neighbour came over to check my kombi out. 
Reckons the owner has heaps “even a 24 windows in the garage”

Such a sad end for a Bay.  Sad Sad
Sitting in the sun outside the Glenferrie Pub in Hawthorn biding my time before GWS earn their place in next week’s Grand Final (sorry Patrick, forgot to take a pic of the parmy) and I heard a familiar burble. 
No 1500 in the back of this puppy as it went by

76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(22-09-2023, 02:04 PM)Barry Wrote: Sitting in the sun outside the Glenferrie Pub in Hawthorn biding my time before GWS earn their place in next week’s Grand Final (sorry Patrick, forgot to take a pic of the parmy) and I heard a familiar burble. 
No 1500 in the back of this puppy as it went by
Nice  colour combination, very smart.