Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire…. and now For Sale ADVICE PLEASE
Hello All,
Sadly another kombi has been taken off the road by a fire. 
I have salvage rights on the insurance. 
A few people have expressed interest in buying my kombi. 
What is a fair price??
(Selling on stock wheels)
Obviously fire damage but also water logged too. 
Trying to get pics uploaded….

Pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh shyte.... Cry
Sorry to see this....
Will it be deemed a repairable right-off ?
That will determine whether it'll ultimately be a part-out job, or repaired and able to be legally registered again.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
More pics

(21-06-2023, 11:26 AM)Oldman Wrote: Oh shyte.... Cry
Sorry to see this....
Will it be deemed a repairable right-off ?
That will determine whether it'll ultimately be a part-out job, or repaired and able to be legally registered again.

Just waiting on final confirmation. Accessor told me repairable write-off.

(21-06-2023, 11:34 AM)MeMatt Wrote: Just waiting on final confirmation. Accessor told me repairable write-off.

Hey MeMatt. So sorry for your Kombi. Heartbreaking to see those photos. Any idea as to the cause of the fire. With your Kombi being a 1977 was it fuel injected?
(21-06-2023, 12:37 PM)Crunchy Wrote: Hey MeMatt. So sorry for your Kombi. Heartbreaking to see those photos. Any idea as to the cause of the fire. With your Kombi being a 1977 was it fuel injected?

Hey ‘Crunchy’, it was a type 1 motor. I put a 1916cc in it back in October, cost me 9.5K. I drove it 4-5 days a week. It started usual, 2 pumps on pedal. Fired up. I warmed it up for 5mins. Mrs and dog hopped in. Then I started driving, got 10mtrs, smelt fuel. Looked back to see a puddle. Parked it, saw smoke as I turned it off. Boom. Tried my small extinguisher, lifted engine tail gate, saw fire and fuel gushingfrom near fuel regulator, little extinguisher didn’t do much. Whilst waiting on fire brigade, fire caused a short so it started cranking, no doubt pumping more fuel onto fire. Fire brigade took 10mins, but too late.

Sad 
Heartbreaking Sad . PM @Whitie on here as he also has recent experience unfortunately. Best to get most recent sale pos as he sold his after a warehouse fire consumed his bay.
So Sad.
Best Wishes
Not Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Oh No!! Every Kombi owners worst nightmare!  Sad

Such a nice bus - what an absolute shame.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Sorry to hear Matt you have put some work into the bus. Can you get someone to rebuilt it? Or find out costs to do so. Or are you counting your loses and find another bus. Where they new carburettors on the car at the time of Fire?
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !