Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Coming & Where are you staying
Geoff & Irene, powered site 38  arr 28/3 2024, depart 2/4/2024 (Wattie)
(01-05-2023, 03:13 PM)Arthur Wrote: Hi Deb, It is with regret we have cancelled our cabin for the 2024 Easter Meeting. We looked at the option of staying at a motel nearby, but it wouldn’t be the same.  We feel we need to be around other likeminded friends and kombi family to enjoy the weekend.  It is both the cost of the Cabin; which I know you can’t do anything about; and the distance of the trip.  Both Gertie, Bob and I are finding it a strain on Heart our motors, and ankles,  after our trip to Strathalbyn. What a great time we had, apart from the tent erection and dismantling.  Where were the tent crew when you needed them.  I know, coming from Swan Hill. The speedo turned over 444,444 miles during the trip.  Gertie turns 50 in June.  She has been with us on our journeys for all that time.  We are booked into Club Old Bar and look forward to seeing everyone who will be there.  Sheryl and Bob

We hear you, especially the ankles get me every time! You certainly will be missed & as we are putting every $$ towards Merimbula won't be staying at Old Bar but may come up for the day on the Sunday. Take Care you two 
Cheers  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
(28-04-2023, 05:14 PM)Melissa Wrote: Its not vital that you stay at the same park - as long as you are prepared to come and hang out with us for the events, you dont have to stay at the same park.

Have booked at Kalaru Holiday Park at $51 per night no extra surcharge for easter for a large powered site ( all powered sites are $51) I weighed up all the pros and cons  and will put up with the 20 minute extra drive each day. Seems a neat simple park and they are very helpful.
I’m currently looking at the same caravan park as you Philip. A cabin for 5 nights is $940 and for 4 nights at the other parks is $2207.
See how we go Big Grin
Cheers Brian and Cathy
(03-05-2023, 05:28 PM)BrianK Wrote: I’m currently looking at the same caravan park as you Philip. A cabin for 5 nights is $940 and for 4 nights at the other parks is $2207.
See how we go Big Grin

The savings a great, but the big advantage for us is we can have our dog with us.
Phil & Louise , Charlie the dog and Ollie the 76 Sopru
(03-05-2023, 05:38 PM)Philip Parkinson Wrote: The savings a great, but the big advantage for us is we can have our dog with us.
Phil & Louise , Charlie the dog and Ollie the 76 Sopru

Hey Phil, can you please let me know the name of the park mate Cheers  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
(03-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Debstar Wrote: Hey Phil, can you please let me know the name of the park mate Cheers  Big Grin

From Phil’s previous post about Kalaru:

https://hampshireholidays.com.au/park/ka...iday-park/
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(03-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Debstar Wrote: Hey Phil, can you please let me know the name of the park mate Cheers  Big Grin

Hi 'Debstar" Its Kalaru Holiday Park ....20 minutes from Merimbula
Phone direct 64941015. 
When I spoke to them earlier today they said they had a couple of enquiries. Sound like nice Helpful people Debbie & Michelle.
Mention the Kombi Club !!
Kazz and Michael
Booked grass powered site number 23
In on Thursday 28th………out Tuesday 2nd

Kazz Insync and Farquire
Hi Deb and Phil

Leo - Weekender and Trish - Merry Merle 
In Friday out Monday 
En-suite site 106
Bring on Bus Stop
Weekender
Macca - 1978 T2 Kombi camper
Sophie- 1990 T3 Syncro Trakka 
We don’t do Kombis because they are easy,
We do Kombis because we thought they were going to be easy.