Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
I don't think the white one does anything except has part numbers and where it was made.
I normally have it up the front before it goes in the tube.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(26-01-2023, 06:34 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: I don't think the white ones does anything except has part numbers and wear it was made.
I normally have it up the front before it goes in the tube.

Thanks
That is where I have it but thought I should check.
PR
Picked up Little Red today from having my Christmas present fitted.

Before Christmas I told Scott I wanted a stereo in Little Red - I didn't want to have it fitted in the dash - I didn't want anything cut and I didn't want to see it. I wanted it hidden under the dash. Got a bit lost in translation but anyway this is what I got today. Sounds amazing. The front speakers were already there and they have been hooked up. Rear speakers fitted under the back seat. It's a boat stereo so I don't need to stress about the safaris leaking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
List of little jobs on Layla:
- sun visor clips as previous owner had left them off after replacing headlining
- passenger's seat removed and vacuumed and cleaned all the crap up from underneath
- passenger's side kick panel secured with extra screws to make it sit right
- found a suitable ocky strap and secured the widowmaker jack in it's correct loction under the passenger's seat
- found a suitable strap for the spare wheel and secured it
- worked out how to use the sound system; they really don't make the writing on these things for old people's eyes!
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
(27-01-2023, 05:48 PM)Melissa Wrote: Picked up Little Red today from having my Christmas present fitted.

mmmmmm.....JBL blasters !! 
Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Told Kombi it better smarten up its attitude cause it's going to a Kombi Club Bus Stop. It did start after the 14th attempt, so not sure if that was a positive response or not ..... Dodgy

T1 Terry
Well, not to the kombi…….rather in preparation for the kombi…..
Started my welding lessons and panel forming, at MotorRetro 
Awesome tuition from ex TAFE teachers …..learned how to set my machine parameters and MIG properly….tacking, plug welding, fillet welding, butt welding etc. all with proper penetration and avoiding blow through etc.
Finished the day up forming a hubcap from sheet metal…….learning how to stretch , shrink , bend and smooth with traditional panel beating tools. Only got half way there……to be finished next time  Big Grin
I can’t recommend this place highly enough……workshop is equipped with every piece of traditional and modern equipment you’d ever need for Coachbuilding…….and the fellas there have the knowledge to bring your hopes/dreams to reality.
It was a bloody hot day to be welding though ! Tongue
Pics to follow……. Cool
Cheers,
Mark

Scmett is in for a tune and some other work. Mech has advised its tuned! I have busted my butt to get it running well and could not manage. Will see when we get her back. Probal schedule a weekend run before Easter Bus Stop.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
(27-01-2023, 05:48 PM)Melissa Wrote: Picked up Little Red today from having my Christmas present fitted.

Before Christmas I told Scott I wanted a stereo in Little Red - I didn't want to have it fitted in the dash - I didn't want anything cut and I didn't want to see it. I wanted it hidden under the dash. Got a bit lost in translation but anyway this is what I got today. Sounds amazing. The front speakers were already there and they have been hooked up. Rear speakers fitted under the back seat. It's a boat stereo so I don't need to stress about the safaris leaking.

Guessing Scotty would be keen to crank it up?  Wink
Clever using marine stereo in regard to the safaris. 
Curious… what was the first song played on it?
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(28-01-2023, 09:10 PM)Ninga Wrote: Guessing Scotty would be keen to crank it up?  Wink
Clever using marine stereo in regard to the safaris. 
Curious… what was the first song played on it?

“On the road again, …..just can’t wait to get on the road again……”
Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark