Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Replaced the coil after 44 years
(06-11-2022, 04:58 PM)Bagman Wrote: Replaced the coil after 44 years

Why?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Cleaned and stitched/patched the annex I picked up a while ago

76 Sopru Campmobile “Luna”73 L bug75 L bug in bits
Fixed a hot oil smell that has been annoying me for the last couple of weeks..... Big Grin
Turned out to be a weepy rocker cover gasket that was dripping on to a heater box ...as the engine heated up, hot fumes were rising into the engine bay and then into the cab via the heater booster fan duct that had dislodged from the fan itself.....
Nice easy fix with a fresh pair of gaskets and booster hose re-fit and tightened up.
No more leaks, no more smell  Cool
Gotta love an easy fix.....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
With the Murray River rising so fast, decided it might be a good idea to get the Kombi from the house to the workshop before the roads get cut. Towed it up the road with the might Prius, clutch started it and away it went and drove fine up to the workshop. Turned it off, then tried the starter and it spun over and started  Huh Not a hope of starting it at home, a very slow crank no matter what batteries I put on it or even with the boost start from the workshop charger ....... At least it's up here now, so as soon as I get a bit of spare time I will slot it ahead of the other projects. I think it would be a better option for scrambling over the washouts on the back road/track from the house to the workshop once the road goes under .....

T1 Terry
Final oil change after Harry's engine rebuild. Here's to many many thousands of trouble free cruising Smile
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
Bought some new tyres

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

fuel hoses looked fine but didn't pass the bend test so they got replaced (with the same 5.6mm fuel injection hose) ... 

has anyone found a hose that lasts as long as a kombi?

I kept doing odd jobs until I could get all the 7s

Little Red's second last wedding yesterday at Peppers Creek. One more to do today and I retire - the only reason I still did these was because they had been booked and rescheduled many times due to covid.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".