Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2024
Some images from Sunday

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.

I leave you with this!

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
And I was saying to Mel, “Greg didn’t show up this year”, to which she replied “Yes he did!”

Bugger, didn’t get to shake your paw this year……..sorry about that! Sad

Perfect pics, as usual! Thanks for sharing.  Shy
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
A couple of randoms, taken on a perfect weather day……

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(07-10-2024, 06:18 PM)Grantus Wrote: And I was saying to Mel, “Greg didn’t show up this year”, to which she replied “Yes he did!”

Bugger, didn’t get to shake your paw this year……..sorry about that! Sad

Perfect pics, as usual! Thanks for sharing.  Shy

Thanks. Kept an eye out for you but we were there for only an hour and a half before visiting friends in Nabiac.

A couple more images...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
(07-10-2024, 08:31 PM)wirrah Wrote: Thanks. Kept an eye out for you but we were there for only an hour and a half before visiting friends in Nabiac.

A couple more images...
All good Greg. We’ll catch up in the next cartoon.

The ID Buzz - on the “What to do with the winning the powerball jackpot money” list.

Otherwise, it’s going to stay on the VW dealer lot, for someone else to buy.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Great to catch up with you Greg - you take the best photos Wink
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(07-10-2024, 08:31 PM)wirrah Wrote: Thanks. Kept an eye out for you but we were there for only an hour and a half before visiting friends in Nabiac.

A couple more images...

Great images Greg as always 
Another awesome Old Bar Beach Festival gathering.
The weather was perfect, with only the predicted early showers on Saturday that cleared up at daybreak.
Caught up with lots of folk while doing the rounds on my pushy…….(always a bit of a wobbly task with beverage in hand  Big Grin)
Lani’s - (I’ll always know the campground as that….) - seemed to have fewer kombis on site and more caravans this year…..the overflow camping on the airstrip seemed to be well patronised with both modes of accomodation.
We caught up with folks at Flow Bar, Luriya’s (awesome Thai) and Club Old Bar, where our table picked up three meat trays from the raffles….!
The Club also saw Luckyphil’s name changed to “Unluckyphil” after a string of numbers called each side of his grouping…. Confused 
Surf was good, with warm offshore winds for most of each day and consistent swell.
A run down to Wallabi point saw epic conditions but the most crowded conditions I’ve ever seen there.
I guess a combination of school holidays, the long weekend, big swell and offshore winds completed the formula for crowded conditions…….we chose to walk away and surf back out the front with just a few out.

Monday afternoon saw Terese (Gracie) host the Peter Josling Memorial boules tournament.
With a record number of participants, including a couple of ring in bystanders, competition was fierce.
After many hotly contested ends, some controversial due to an Official picking up boules before the end had been completed……(.note to self drink less, pay more attention to what is going on  Big Grin), a winner was crowned and the Perpetual trophy was handed over from last year’s winner Dave C. to the reigning champion, Terese…….a most worthy winner this year.
 Always a highlight of our Old Bar, this event brings Kombi Club people old and new together, for a wonderful, social occasion.
With the competition over we regrouped at the camp kitchen for a final meal together before wandering off on our separate ways .

We drove home via Maitland and stopped off at the Visitor’s Centre cafe for brunch. I can highly recommend the menu, coffee and juices - freshly squeezed - and will definitely stop there again.
…..it’s one of those “stumbled upon” awesome finds…. Cool
Back home now and 99% unpacked, we’re already planning our run North to Elliot Heads next year.

I hope everyone returned home without incident and enjoyed the weekend as much as we did.
Until next year,
“See ya then, ya Old Bar-stards  !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thanks Mark for the update.

Congratulations Terese. Didn't know you had such a good throw on Wink .

See you all there next year.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren