Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1979 resto
Caught in a weak moment with another long-distance purchase. Previously unnamed, now ‘Dirty Gertie’, the previous owner bought this as a non-VW guy, put a lot of work into it with Australian VW Performance Centre, and has enjoyed it over the years. Started life as a 2-seater, CJ engine, unknown if original…VW birth certificate didn’t say. Sold as he is selling up his large property and kids couldn’t drive stick. Always in a shed and never driven in rain since the resto. It’s been moved to NSW where it needs to be re-registered (added seats ok in Vic; NSW needs some certification). Will be a while before I get to drive it, but looking forward to getting home to give it a squirt. It may get the Ronal R9s added that are saved from the T3 DoKa build. Not period-correct but would look sweet. But…nice as it is too!                
Nice acquisition  
Enjoy the ride….. 
Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Ronals would look good. 

16” or 15”?
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(09-09-2024, 01:25 PM)Barry Wrote: Ronals would look good. 

16” or 15”?

16s. Originally I got them to fit to the DoKa after the big brake upgrade but they hit on the inside face so not an option (Go Westy 16s did fit).
Lot of money been spent on that interior. 

But can I ask, where is the latch for the folding middle seat?
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(09-09-2024, 06:25 PM)Barry Wrote: Lot of money been spent on that interior. 

I like to also know about the shape looks like foam has been added to make them taller and squarer.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute

(09-09-2024, 06:25 PM)Barry Wrote: Lot of money been spent on that interior. 

I saw the rebuild shots from bottom up respray, rust removal etc. It was a lot of work everywhere.

Honestly cannot tell you about the latch as I haven’t seen it in person, only by video and via photos. I have seen it down though in a pic.
(09-09-2024, 01:25 PM)Barry Wrote: Ronals would look good. 

16” or 15”?

Hoping they fit…225/60R16, 7 inch wide. Anyone fitted similar size?
(09-09-2024, 06:39 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: I like to also know about the shape looks like foam has been added to make them taller and squarer.

Couldn’t say Wayne but certainly seems more square. One of the rear seats was fitted from AVWPC and all upholstery done through them.
(09-09-2024, 07:46 PM)sealyb Wrote: I saw the rebuild shots from bottom up respray, rust removal etc. It was a lot of work everywhere.

Honestly cannot tell you about the latch as I haven’t seen it in person, only by video and via photos. I have seen it down though in a pic.

Original shape from a Samba ad: https://www.thesamba.com/vw//classifieds...id=2701189