Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natures Special Moments
Love it Patrick !  Big Grin
……but is it real ?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Two baby cockatoos were rescued from this fallen tree at Taylor’s Point Clareville the other day
We take our grandkids here and I had said “look did you see that cockatoo go into that hollow”
And “we are not sitting under the gum”
Plus I have been known to say “you never see baby cockatoos”. Never see them out and about like other birds.
Local wild life came to the rescue and the birds are safe.
(30-09-2022, 04:33 PM)Karen Ashton Wrote: Two baby cockatoos were rescued from this fallen tree at Taylor’s Point Clareville the other day
We take our grandkids here and I had said “look did you see that cockatoo go into that hollow”
And “we are not sitting under the gum”
Plus I have been known to say “you never see baby cockatoos”. Never see them out and about like other birds.
Local wild life came to the rescue and the birds are safe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A quick update on the flood in July when the Hunter River broached major flood levels in a "special moment".

Back corner of the yard. Less mowing required...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Got to get up close to a wedge tailed eagle on Kangaroo Island 

(27-09-2022, 10:06 AM)Karen Ashton Wrote: Aussie moment…………

What a beauty!! Heart
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Some crackin' pics here

https://www.traveller.com.au/comedy-wild...sts-h27aog
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Not sure if its the wet or the warm days but a nice tiger snake has been making its presence felt. Two days ago in the vege garden and today under some wood I have been cutting up. Told him/her to move on end gave it a squirt from the hose. Will be a bit apprehensive when I return to the wood pile! Probably about 4 foot but hard to tell when they are coiled up and angry..
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
(06-11-2022, 06:58 PM)Alpal Wrote: Not sure if its the wet or the warm days but a nice tiger snake has been making its presence felt. Two days ago in the vege garden and today under some wood I have been cutting up. Told him/her to move on end gave it a squirt from the hose. Will be a bit apprehensive when I return to the wood pile! Probably about 4 foot but hard to tell when they are coiled up and angry..
No expert as we don't have them where I come from...
Yesterday I read that they have been hiding in the wet munching on frogs waiting to sunbake when it's warm. 
I've been out mowing areas for the snakes to warm up under the watchful eye of the kookaburras. 
PR
(06-11-2022, 06:58 PM)Alpal Wrote: Not sure if its the wet or the warm days but a nice tiger snake has been making its presence felt. Two days ago in the vege garden and today under some wood I have been cutting up. Told him/her to move on end gave it a squirt from the hose. Will be a bit apprehensive when I return to the wood pile! Probably about 4 foot but hard to tell when they are coiled up and angry..
Not seen a tiger snake here, although they apparently are around in the area, bit not prolific.

Normal flavour we get here are the eastern browns, and not happy about being spotted.

Neither play well, with kids or pets, so the less close to the living areas, the better……………
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab