Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
Well I put them on when I got home from work - are we taking bets on if I will get pulled over? Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Ha ha ha……that was my feeling when you revealed what they were….. Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Not my non-kombi but drooling over a fella's EH Holden Wagon.
Owned since new. 
Four barrel Holley carb, engine bored to 189 cu in, Yella Terra head, electronic distributor, 5 speed Celica gearbox, matching, altered ratio diff centre, tuned length extractors, lowered and stiffened suspension, power boosted disc brakes, Dragway jellybean mags.....this vehicle was something to behold.
Bodywork and paint was stock, perfect and with all the chrome bits in place. Rear cargo area had the original Venetian blinds.;
It sat in my mates driveway ticking over quietly and unassumingly until the owner jumped in and put his foot down.....it just roared to life !!
Spent way too much time talking and admiring the car and didn't think to take a pic. 
Doh !!  Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark

(06-06-2024, 04:59 PM)Melissa Wrote: Well I put them on when I got home from work - are we taking bets on if I will get pulled over? Wink

100%. What did Scott say?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(07-06-2024, 10:55 AM)Oldman Wrote: Not my non-kombi but drooling over a fella's EH Holden Wagon.
Owned since new. 
Four barrel Holley carb, engine bored to 189 cu in, Yella Terra head, electronic distributor, 5 speed Celica gearbox, matching, altered ratio diff centre, tuned length extractors, lowered and stiffened suspension, power boosted disc brakes, Dragway jellybean mags.....this vehicle was something to behold.
Bodywork and paint was stock, perfect and with all the chrome bits in place. Rear cargo area had the original Venetian blinds.;
It sat in my mates driveway ticking over quietly and unassumingly until the owner jumped in and put his foot down.....it just roared to life !!
Spent way too much time talking and admiring the car and didn't think to take a pic. 
Doh !!  Big Grin

Was it a nice green? My mum had one of those.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(07-06-2024, 11:05 AM)DavidH Wrote: 100%. What did Scott say?
Cheers

He just laughed and said if they should be pulling over stuff much worse than that. Have you seen some of these new cars that have just a thin strip of light across the back? I can't tell you what make they are but my beetle has a brake light across the middle at the top of the hatch as well as my taillights.
(07-06-2024, 12:47 PM)Melissa Wrote: Was it a nice green? My mum had one of those.

No, not green but a really nice off white colour…..very similar to VW Antarctica White.
Cheers,
Mark

Still waiting on it being official but I called Shannons on Wednesday and the girl was sad to inform me that the Golf has been assessed as a write off Sad
Awwww…… that’s ridiculous. 

Well, it had a good innings
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(21-06-2024, 10:28 AM)Barry Wrote: Awwww…… that’s ridiculous. 

Well, it had a good innings

Yeah it did - when they contact me, I will ask if when it goes to auction, because of its age, can it be repaired and re-registered?