Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natures Special Moments
(19-05-2024, 04:42 PM)Oldman Wrote: Saw this Fairy Ring today when walking Billie.....

It's the largest one I've ever seen !!
Each mushroom was 4-6" across and there were heaps of them.
I'd estimate the Ring was approx. 20' across and it seems that the Council lawn mowing contractors left it alone last time they mowed this section of the park...... fear of Fairy Retribution ...?
Magic happens.....
Big Grin

Would you be Game enough to interfere with the fairies home. No no no, not me I think.
That’s right Chris… you don’t mess with the fairies!
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(20-05-2024, 10:32 PM)Ninga Wrote: That’s right Chris… you don’t mess with the fairies!

Never ever.i promise  Big Grin
We occasionally have these beauties visit but never so close to the house. They made quite a mess of the silk tree they were into which didn’t bother me, I just felt privileged to be able to watch them from inside and didn’t wish to disturb them.  Heart

Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(11-07-2024, 06:36 AM)Ninga Wrote: We occasionally have these beauties visit but never so close to the house. They made quite a mess of the silk tree they were into which didn’t bother me, I just felt privileged to be able to watch them from inside and didn’t wish to disturb them.  Heart

Hi chrissy ,
They are gorgeous birds , typical parrots though, they like to chew on anything, we have large flocks of them at times fly over.always good to see native  birds up close.
I love the way they fly……they seem to float effortlessly as though they weigh nothing.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(11-07-2024, 07:05 AM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Hi chrissy ,
They are gorgeous birds , typical parrots though, they like to chew on anything, we have large flocks of them at times fly over.always good to see native  birds up close.
Absolutely! Luckily, I’m not particularly fond of the silk tree they were chewing on. Had it been my olive trees, I might have had a word to them.  Big Grin
(11-07-2024, 09:12 AM)Oldman Wrote: I love the way they fly……they seem to float effortlessly as though they weigh nothing.

That’s so true.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Just love this time of the (winter bordering on spring) year for the way the sun & atmosphere work to produce amazing displays. Here's one more Wink .

I've seen more sunsets than sunrises Tongue .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
K'gari sunset early this week....
Looks photoshopped but it isn't.

Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Apparently the Southern Lights are on display at the moment. 

I have seen the Northern Lights, but would love to see Lights in Australia
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy