Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar booked, then not !!!!?
I booked the 4 days for this late lasr year (when it was Lani's).  I called last week, new conglomerate took over, no booking, they wiped my booking. Im a bit annoyed about it, been looking forward to bringing my van down and camping. I'll just come down for the day i suppose. Only an hour away. ?
Did you pay a deposit?
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(15-04-2024, 07:28 PM)94VDUB Wrote: I booked the 4 days for this late lasr year (when it was Lani's).  I called last week, new conglomerate took over, no booking, they wiped my booking. Im a bit annoyed about it, been looking forward to bringing my van down and camping. I'll just come down for the day i suppose. Only an hour away. ?

....posted this some time ago :

https://kombiclubaustralia.com/showthread.php?tid=805
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
No deposit, but i booked it
We’ve been going since 2011…..leaving last year was the first time that we couldn’t book or pay a deposit to secure our booking. I’ve always had a good relationship with Wendy and Fizal but the handover to the new people was inevitable and they couldn’t in good faith take money without knowing what the new owners were planning…..
Crazy , I know.
The best we were offered, was to be placed on a “return customer” mailing list, to be contacted once the handover was complete. That happened the week before Christmas last year.
We were contacted early in the new year and fortunately our preference for sites was honoured. Deposit was then paid, balance on arrival ( as usual).
With the increase in tariffs, I reckon many will find alternatives……like Manning Point. There’s a couple of great places there well worth a look in my opinion……AND they are protected from the Devil Wind !
( howling NE sea breeze that Old Bar is renowned for….. Big Grin )
Cheers,
Mark

(15-04-2024, 07:28 PM)94VDUB Wrote: I booked the 4 days for this late lasr year (when it was Lani's).  I called last week, new conglomerate took over, no booking, they wiped my booking. Im a bit annoyed about it, been looking forward to bringing my van down and camping. I'll just come down for the day i suppose. Only an hour away. ?

Not good. Can you book another site now or are they booked out already? It was good while it lasted with Fizal and Wendy as caretakers.

Thankfully you are only an hour away and can do a day trip.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
I had the same problem - been going there for 10 odd years through all sorts of wild weather and plane crashes and when I inquired earlier this year they told me my site was gone - probably to someone with a caravan as my site was large.

I had to change sites - lucky something was available.

Not happy with the new Owners at all - will be interesting how they treat people this year with this massive cost increase and no upgrade of facilities I bet.
(17-04-2024, 07:39 AM)ruby6689 Wrote: Not good. Can you book another site now or are they booked out already? It was good while it lasted with Fizal and Wendy as caretakers.

Thankfully you are only an hour away and can do a day trip.

Nah they said it was booked out already. I was looking forward to staying there. Yes only an hour away, but wanted over night stays, and get to know a few Dub Dub peo0
I know a few that stay at Club Old Bar......the place has good reviews and you don't have to wobble home !!
Cheers,
Mark

(22-04-2024, 12:44 PM)94VDUB Wrote: Nah they said it was booked out already. I was looking forward to staying there. Yes only an hour away, but wanted over night stays, and get to know a few Dub Dub peo0

They always get cancellations as peoples plans change - keep ringing them and ask to be put on cancellation list - they will always fill spots as they want the money!!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".