Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2024 - Lani's
Hey all, just received our booking reminder/email from the new managers at Old Bar.

What used to be Lani's On the Beach, is now Ingenia Parks - Old Bar.
https://www.ingeniaholidays.com.au/our-p...bar-beach/

The final handover occurred the week before Christmas.....what a long, drawn out process that's been !
Wendy and Fizal have moved on to hopefully enjoy their well earned retirement .....at last !!
 Big Grin
We're in Thursday / out Tuesday of the Long Weekend.
(Worth noting that the Long Weekend falls in the NSW school holidays this year, so get in quickly if you want to experience the Old Bar Beach Festival  Cool)

The new Ingenia website is very easy to use and only takes a minute to setup an account....very easy to check on availability and your bookings but be aware, login is Park specific.
I had a nice chat with Cheryl, (still on the Front Desk), and is happy to hear that Kombi Club folk are re-booking for 2024.
Cheryl couldn't confirm what the new Management team's policy on fires will be at this stage....hoping that we'll still be able to bring our pig-type unit....

Looking forward to this, it's always a great Festival..... Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(03-02-2024, 09:26 AM)Oldman Wrote: Hey all, just received our booking reminder/email from the new managers at Old Bar.

What used to be Lani's On the Beach, is now Ingenia Parks - Old Bar.
https://www.ingeniaholidays.com.au/our-p...bar-beach/

The final handover occurred the week before Christmas.....what a long, drawn out process that's been !
Wendy and Fizal have moved on to hopefully enjoy their well earned retirement .....at last !!
 Big Grin
We're in Thursday / out Tuesday of the Long Weekend.
(Worth noting that the Long Weekend falls in the NSW school holidays this year, so get in quickly if you want to experience the Old Bar Beach Festival  Cool)

The new Ingenia website is very easy to use and only takes a minute to setup an account....very easy to check on availability and your bookings but be aware, login is Park specific.
I had a nice chat with Cheryl, (still on the Front Desk), and is happy to hear that Kombi Club folk are re-booking for 2024.

Looking forward to this, it's always a great Festival..... Cool
Making my booking now thanks for the heads up.
The start of T3 Island once again...... Cool
Cheers,
Mark

I just booked a site.  The NEW cabins are now available and some are pet friendly however minimum 4 night stay for the festival and are $2,036 for 2 people, bit expensive as I just had 4 nights in 3 bed waterfront apartment at Southport which cost similar.
$334 for s powered site so went with that Smile
We have got the same old cabin. It's just over half of what you quoted Phil. It would be the same everywhere on a long weekend.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
I just booked for Old Bar and the buggers had already booked our site to someone else.

These new people made no attempt to get the previous site occupants/ clients of Lanis to have their old sites like Wendy always did.

You have to pay the full amount up front too.

We just booked a nearby site as most sites around us were already gone - they just put us on the closest one.

Get on there people and book quickly as they are going fast!

I could hear the call waiting going when I was on my booking call!
Weird……..
When we left last year, Wendy said that they couldn’t take deposits for 2024 but they would put us down on a master list for sites ( as return customers) 
I was contacted by email from Ingenia asking for a deposit to secure our spot.
Deposit paid, balance on arrival…
At least you’re in Scott…..
Cheers,
Mark

Agree Mark.

I just though being a customer for the last 10 years or so would have been enough to contact us.

This never happened despite the fact that my details were all logged in their database as they didnt need to ask my address as it was confirmed with my name.

Not impressed with these new Owners at all so far as this happened to Luckyphil too.

Seems you were about the only one contacted Mark.
I got the email asking for deposit as well.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Big Grin 
Thanks for putting this up Mark. Our e mail went to junk mail and when I saw your post asked Julie to check for ours. Now all fixed and deposit paid. Thanks Steve
Steve
Pac Man= 1969 Kombi.
Delilah  =  1971 Type3 Squareback.