Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Drove Little Red for the first time in 3 months for a wedding - it was a bit of a hike and the road was crappy - I heard a hub cap come off and I stopped but couldn't find it Sad  lucky I have spares.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)Melissa Wrote: Drove Little Red for the first time in 3 months for a wedding - it was a bit of a hike and the road was crappy - I heard a hub cap come off and I stopped but couldn't find it Sad  lucky I have spares.

Funny how they just disappear never to be seen again.
Big Grin 
(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)Melissa Wrote: Drove Little Red for the first time in 3 months for a wedding - it was a bit of a hike and the road was crappy - I heard a hub cap come off and I stopped but couldn't find it Sad  lucky I have spares.
Have you looked in the sock drawer? Wink
PR
Put Josie on to Historic plates and Scott fixed the fuel sender - the temporary repair didn't last (thats why its called temporary!!) and the float had filled with fuel again but we have installed a new one and hopefully it will be accurate again. Next job is a trip to Clark Rubber for the pinch weld around the pop top.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Josie needed a new battery on Friday. She has this set up where if her battery is a bit low, you can just plug an extension cord in and she will start and you can charge her up that way too. It has come in handy a few times when she hasnt been driven for a while but it just didnt help on Friday when I went to take her back to the mechanic about the low idle. So Scott takes her battery out and I go to put it on the beetle to get a new one. Check the date stamp on the top of the battery!!

It was fitted July 2005!  Even July 2015 would still be pretty good but thats amazing!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Malissa wrote: "It was fitted July 2005! Even July 2015 would still be pretty good but thats amazing!"

July 2005 - so it would still be under warranty then  Smile
1971 Sopru aka Doob
Replaced the 44 year old Repa stickers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That came up a treat!
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
New wiper blades all round, and back to the original factory issue arms, to see if I can sort an issue.

Looks like a good few days to test it out…. Sad
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Played around a bit more today with writing the base fuelling map for Maisie it's a slow process but getting there