Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Let's keep this thread going !

….so , what did you do to your kombi today ?

I looked at mine tucked up out of this rain…. Blush
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
So no one’s done anything to their kombis lately….? Tongue
I just keep looking at it through the rain….
At least it’s under cover now.
Cheers,
Mark

Hoping to get Little Red out on Sunday for a Club Run and AGM of car club - if its fine.  Wink
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Before the new site works, I was in the middle of cleaning up the electricals in the front of my bus.  I have been adding another power feed to the front from the Starter motor post (fused this time) to take the load of the existing original power feed(not fused) and reduce the load of the accessories on the contacts in the ignition switch.  Basically the new power feed will go to a relay switched by the ignition.  I have radio, CB, USB and cigarette lighter port all feeding off it at the moment (with a bypass switch to turn them on if the ignition is off) so the extra load is a lot more than it was designed for.

I have also found that all of the extra positions in the bottom of the fuse box next to the headlight and flasher relays will fit any standard small vehicle relay, so if you have non insulated spade connectors you can fit 4 new relays under there so they are all in one place.

Bearing in mind the loom around there is a bit of a birds nest from the factory, some care must be taken but I believe the effort will be worth it.

Now the old KC site is not accessible I might have some time to get back to it before camping in a few weeks.

Cheers

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Well , here we go, good morning to every body in the club. To start off ,to  all those affected by the floods ,i like many others certainly feel for you ,once again you are being hammered by this never ending bad weather pattern, and on top off everything else that has happened to you all in the last two years .
I have not been much to the van of late except to chase a few annoying rattles squeaks after it excursion over to K I a few weeks ago. it's due for a service now so that's going to happen Monday .
Cheers for now 
Chris T
Being a Canberra winter, I’ve been staying indoors, to stay warm as much as possible……….. Doing Kombi stuff can just wait a bit longer.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Well, for the first time in 5 days , Billie & I went for a drive..... Cool
....to the Dog park of course !
This one is awesome.....massive grassed area that leads down to the sandy beach on Bayview.
Billie spent 3 hours chasing balls, sniffing bums, playing with other dogs and swimming  Big Grin
Me...? I felt the sun on my face, enjoyed the conversation of nice people and relished the purr of a VW engine.

So, not much done to the kombi...but the kombi was involved in what we did today  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark

I spent most of the day spraying oven cleaner on the Penetrol which is on my bus and then scraping it back off then wiping with paper towels and then a sponge with soapy water, I’m happy with how it’s coming along but this is about the 5 day in a row, reckon it will be all gone tomorrow, I will try and post some pics when I’m all done, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
Thumbs Up 
Hi Folks,
First post on the new site.  Cool
Upgraded my second battery as the old one was only holding 3% charge and changed the interior fluorescent light to a led in the same original housing.  Happy with the outcome before our July trip down the south coast.
Cheers Craig
Elsie 1976 Sopru Camper
Quick arvo fabrication of a couple of jack stands today. Then jacked up the front of the bus. Bloody jack got to 10mm short of being able to get the stands under. So tomorrow I'll use a different jack.
Also got old retread tyres taken off 2 rims, which I'll clean up for paint over the weekend. Will have to wait to paint 1 though as I have to replace a couple of hubcap clips. Ordered them today, hopefully they'll be here soon. 
Still have the front brake cylinders to pull out tomorrow.