Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(03-09-2022, 12:47 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: Thank you both for your replies, I thought that was the case but it was worth asking  Big Grin I wonder if the AEVA is registered for such things? I doubt there are too many EV's build before '97 though  Rolleyes

T1 Terry

Club rego is about to get a big shake up,  new different colour plates ,more scrutinising, more policing. It's hard to believe crims are forging plates and documents
(06-09-2022, 09:35 PM)Reelmick Wrote: Club rego is about to get a big shake up,  new different colour plates ,more scrutinising, more policing. It's hard to believe crims are forging plates and documents

Another reason why I prefer to be a member of a small club that makes sure our members do the right thing in terms of usage. If a member gets caught driving without completing their log book or something else dodgy, the club gets fined and prosecuted as well.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(07-09-2022, 06:58 AM)Melissa Wrote: Another reason why I prefer to be a member of a small club that makes sure our members do the right thing in terms of usage. If a member gets caught driving without completing their log book or something else dodgy, the club gets fined and prosecuted as well.

The situation is worse than that , people that are not in clubs have been found with false papers and made up plates, the new plates cannot be forged, new computer technology pings them
I got the Velle back from it’s 5,000km service yesterday, so today I took it for a run to ensure it’s all good for Old Bar.  Smile

This morning at 5.16am:

This evening at 10.18pm:

Conclusion: It’s running OK.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(08-09-2022, 10:45 PM)Grantus Wrote: I got the Velle back from it’s 5,000km service yesterday, so today I took it for a run to ensure it’s all good for Old Bar.  Smile

This morning at 5.16am:

This evening at 10.18pm:

Conclusion: It’s running OK.  Wink

A 1 owner well looked after Caravelle, it will last a long time yet.  You must be quanked after such a hectic day.
Picked up Josie today - she has a new Pertronix kit and a new distributor. Mechanic fiddled with mixtures as they were all over the place but she is still idling too low and is cutting out when I come to a stop at the lights or a roundabout. She will have to go back to get that looked at so that she can go to Old Bar. She is now booked in with the automatic transmission place for a rebuild of the transmission for mid October.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Today I gave up trying to work out why the headlights worked on a sometimes/maybe basis and gave it to an autoelectrics guy down the road who diagnosed "your earths are all over the place".

Fixed for the grand price of $62, which makes me feel a bit silly for the number of hours I spent trying to work it out and the number of connections that I unnecessarily replaced   Blush
Matt and his 1974 camper, plus co-pilots Stef and Muppet
(10-09-2022, 09:14 AM)drowningbitbybit Wrote: Today I gave up trying to work out why the headlights worked on a sometimes/maybe basis and gave it to an autoelectrics guy down the road who diagnosed "your earths are all over the place".

Fixed for the grand price of $62, which makes me feel a bit silly for the number of hours I spent trying to work it out and the number of connections that I unnecessarily replaced   Blush

Don't feel silly! You gave it a shot - thats the main thing.
Hey im with Melissa on this, at least u had a go.Better to have tried and failed , than  never to have tried at all.
….as Melissa posted….AND it only cost $62 to sort out !
I’d be very happy about that….. Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light