Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
I forgot all about the plastic! I have done it before with previous bays but this time I totally forgot and just did the clear lacquer - I suppose if there had been plastic there when I took the old ones off, it would have reminded me. Oh well - too late now - I really dont want to take them off if I dont have to.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Fitted new 6db cb antenna

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(17-04-2024, 07:56 AM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Fitted new 6db cb antenna

Got a copy Chris?  Big Grin
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(19-04-2024, 10:13 PM)Ninga Wrote: Got a copy Chris?  Big Grin

Hi Crissy. Doing a bit of up grading Dodgy    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(20-04-2024, 04:37 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Hi Crissy. Doing a bit of up grading Dodgy

10 - 4… I was just checking if your CB was working.  Big Grin

You’ll be able to hear even more nonsense on it now you’ve upgraded!
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(24-04-2024, 07:23 PM)Ninga Wrote: 10 - 4… I was just checking if your CB was working.  Big Grin

You’ll be able to hear even more nonsense on it now you’ve upgraded!

Your right   chrissy, there is a lot b/sh that comes over ,some funny some damm disgusting. 
Local truck drivers seem to be worst. Language leaves a lot to be desired.
Replaced the 100 amp hour AGM leisure battery in the cupboard.  Was a second hand one from a dear friend I managed to resurrect many years ago and get it out to 9 years old (Very light occasional loads and more than the average restoring charge cycles).  

Managed to pick up another second hand battery (Gel) from a remote site battery bank (one of the 4 batteries had died so they need to be replaced as a set) and it still has good capacity.  It is a considerably different shape and wont fit in the engine bay, so I have fitted it in the location of the original, and am now working out how to make a sealed battery container to fit with the latest regulations. I am replacing like for like apart from the shape so am in the rules for the short term.

AS3001 part 2 includes substantial changes and special considerations for an internal installation in the habitable area for all batteries, including lead acid (all types Gel, AGM and flooded) and Lithium, which now require a sealed container, vented top and bottom to the outside air (top and bottom is only for Lead Acid, but top only for Lithium) and an spill container that can hold 20% of the electrolyte volume.  Access has to be with a tool so no loose fitting lids or covers.

Been a fun little project with more to come.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)