Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Batteries,Solar and your requirements...
In Tasmania CPD for a number of trades has been in for a the past 5 or so  of years, and you lose your licence if you cant keep up with the 12 points per year which is checked when you go to renew.  Wont be long until it will become a part of keeping your licence elsewhere in Aus.

Good you can get access to them at TAFE. with the amount of amendments coming through you need to have access to them regularly.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(02-01-2024, 07:06 AM)Mordred Wrote: Good you can get access to them at TAFE. with the amount of amendments coming through you need to have access to them regularly.

Adrian

This is exactly why the National Construction Codes series is now accessible free of charge......
It was almost cost prohibitive for the average Carpenter/Builder to subscribe to the current versions to stay up to date with amendments.
The Govt. realised that if they wanted better Codes awareness for Contractors, they needed to remove the financial barrier ......and they did.

Unfortunately Standards Australia does not actually sell AS'.....they just produce them. 
AS's are then sold via other commercial outlets like SAI Global.....they are a money making venture.

In my opinion,  the Govt. should intervene and make any Standard that is referenced in NCC V1, 2 or 3 free of charge.
It would certainly take the guesswork out of Compliance.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I agree totally.  If you are dual trade the cost of keeping update is considerable.  Absolutely mad that the rules you have to follow you can access as part of your registration costs.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(01-01-2024, 09:18 AM)Oldman Wrote: The statement that an Electrician only finds out about Standards changes if they employ apprentices, worries me......
Surely there's a requirement for Continuing Professional Development in order to maintain qualifications ?
I suppose it's the diligent few that maintain their knowledge.......like anything really.

No real requirement to update your electrical knowledge. Just like road rules. They make changes and don't really advertise it.

All of this knowledge should be free to everyone.

(Just imagine me trying to install solar. I would have no idea)

I think that Tafe should teach building trades a bit about strata regulations also.
We decided to buy a Bluetti power pack rather than spend $11,000 on extra panels and batteries for our Motorhome. It is brilliant and portable so we can use it in the Kombi and home if we have power outages.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute