Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Stop Travel Route
(24-03-2023, 10:04 PM)Oldman Wrote: Rainex on today.......must be heading out tomorrow !!
Looks like we're heading (roughly) over the top and down...via Broken Hill ......eventually  Tongue
No fixed plan or destinations other than in at Strath. on Thursday 6th April.
Hopefully see folks along the way.....

Safe travels, and enjoy the scenery along the way.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Thanks Grant…..will do.
Will check in along the way.  Wink
Have a great Easter.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
A long way between anything travelling that way. There is a turn off at Wilcannia that will take you through to Ivanhoe, from there take the road to Balranald (keep an eye out for the herds of wild goats along that road), back track up the hwy a bit (a few kms) to the big truck servo and turn down to Tooleybuc and on to Manangatang and through to eventually reach Tailem Bend. A few good free camps along that stretch, one opposite the pub in Manangatang that has toilets and showers and a good feed across the road at the pub, one at Underbool in the rest park, it has toilets and showers as well, lots of interesting things to see along that road including the places a few well known identities lived .... can't remember if there is any silo art along that section or not. 
From Tailem Bend you could head towards Wellington and take the ferry across to enter Strath via Langhorne Creek Rd.
One of those routes less travelled with some great little towns along the way.

T1 Terry
Just a heads up to those travelling the roads less travelled. I live very near Strathalbyn, and arrived home tonight from Cowra. I decided not to do the Hay Plain (too boring and too many trucks) as I drove it on the way to Cowra.

I took the road from Cowra to Young, then Wagga Wagga. Lots of road repairs are happening since the floods on that leg of the drive. Be prepared for delays. Then through to 'Gilderoy' Lockhart, Urana & Jerilderie, Wandook, Pretty Pine. After Moulamein, road conditions got interesting. Google maps suggested cutting across to Swan Hill, but it added 25 minutes to the journey, so I did Moulamein to Tooleybuc. The road says its closed but it's not. Just respect those signs that tell you to slow down. Like, go really slow. Those pot holes are big enough to eat a kombi whole and have a beetle for dessert. The skid marks from the drivers who ignored the signs won't come out easily in the wash.  Confused

There are herds of cattle and sheep being grazed along these routes too, so be prepared to let your engine cool as they pass. Once you get to Kyalite it's all smooth tarmac again.
Thanks Maggie. See you soon Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Anyone coming via the Hill, we have a free camping for self contained travellers here in Peterborough. That said there are dunnies at the apex park and the main St and the council doesn't police the self contained at all looking at vehicles stopped there. Shoot me a message if you do.
Cheers
Terry