Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Stop Travel Route
Just checked the moon’s schedule.  
New moon on 6th April. 
Should be some cracking skies going down and back. 
Especially out on the Hay Plains, Broken Hill and other remote camps

See how many falling stars and satellites we can count
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Our plans have changed slightly - turns out my sister in laws 50th birthday will be while we are away and her partner wants to have a surprise party at our house - he wanted it on the Saturday night but I have put my foot down and said we want it Friday night so we can head off first thing Saturday morning - to be honest I wanted to head off on the Thursday but its family.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Have any thought about travelling via Wagga and turning off at Collingullie and heading to Lockhart? A very pretty town that welcomes visitors to keep it alive. They have great corrugated iron art works and country paddock scrape built displays as well as good coffeee breakfast/lunch places throughout the town. 
From there on through Urana and Jerilderie to Deniliquin and from there you have a heap of choices, one is via Baraham to Swan Hill to Tooleybuc and that town that starts with M that very few can pronounce or even get all the letters in the correct order :lol:, They have a free camp spot and has a shower/toilet etc plus a pub with great meals, or if you want to press on further, through all the little towns like Underbool that has a great little rest stop for overnight stops with a shower etc and on to Tailem Bend for an overnighter and an easy drive to Strath from there. 
See parts of NSW, Victoria and South Australia that many have never taken the time to see, in too much of a hurry down the main hwys.

T1 Terry
(25-02-2023, 11:17 AM)T1 Terry Wrote: Have any thought about travelling via Wagga and turning off at Collingullie and heading to Lockhart? A very pretty town that welcomes visitors to keep it alive. They have great corrugated iron art works and country paddock scrape built displays as well as good coffeee breakfast/lunch places throughout the town. 
From there on through Urana and Jerilderie to Deniliquin and from there you have a heap of choices, one is via Baraham to Swan Hill to Tooleybuc and that town that starts with M that very few can pronounce or even get all the letters in the correct order :lol:, They have a free camp spot and has a shower/toilet etc plus a pub with great meals, or if you want to press on further, through all the little towns like Underbool that has a great little rest stop for overnight stops with a shower etc and on to Tailem Bend for an overnighter and an easy drive to Strath from there. 
See parts of NSW, Victoria and South Australia that many have never taken the time to see, in too much of a hurry down the main hwys.

T1 Terry

Hey Terry, Was is the road like between Lockart & Deniliquin like, there is a group of us travelling from Wagga to Swan Hill (overnight spot) 
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
(23-02-2023, 07:28 PM)Melissa Wrote: Our plans have changed slightly - turns out my sister in laws 50th birthday will be while we are away and her partner wants to have a surprise party at our house - he wanted it on the Saturday night but I have put my foot down and said we want it Friday night so we can head off first thing Saturday morning - to be honest I wanted to head off on the Thursday but its family.

WOW Melissa, you going to do the 15+ Google map hours in one hit, in a Kombi? OMG travel safe (anyway party could be the weekend before?) if not travel real safe guys & we'll see you at dinner, if your leaving very early hours x
Hey Terry, Was is the road like between Lockart & Deniliquin like, there is a group of us travelling from Wagga to Swan Hill (overnight spot) 

Average country road the last time I travelled on it, but that was some time back. The map route is fairly clear as to where to turn leaving Lockhart to get to Urana and Urana to Jerilderie and then you have the choice of either going via Conargo and see if they have rebuilt the old pub, or Finley, both the same distance but time depends on which way the wind is blowing at the time according to the locals :lol: Via Conargo you go past the Deni ute muster grounds entrance not long before you hit Deni itself .... a real eye opener to see just how big the site is and gives you an idea of just how big the crowd is that turns up to each event .... Denni would have dried up and blown away if it wasn't for the $$ it brings into the town each yr. There is the usual tourist spot in Jerilderie where Ned Kelly robbed the post office, when you see the size of it you have to wonder why he bothered  Rolleyes but there is also the big windmill that keeps the ski lake full, but not much else left of what was a major town, they gradually fad away because the population around them simply moves away ..... Some have tried to reinvent themselves in an attempt to catch the tourist trade, not all are good at it though ......

T1 Terry
(25-02-2023, 11:53 AM)Debstar Wrote: WOW Melissa, you going to do the 15+ Google map hours in one hit, in a Kombi? OMG travel safe (anyway party could be the weekend before?) if not travel real safe guys & we'll see you at dinner, if your leaving very early hours x

Sorry for the confusion Deb - I am talking the week before - we will be taking our time and should arrive in Strathalbyn Wednesday. I could do the 15+ hours in the Touareg but not the kombi.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(25-02-2023, 03:36 PM)Melissa Wrote: Sorry for the confusion Deb - I am talking the week before - we will be taking our time and should arrive in Strathalbyn Wednesday. I could do the 15+ hours in the Touareg but not the kombi.

:lol: It's a long trip in a kombi from Wollongong to Mannum (roughly the same distance as to Strath) in the one hit, once was enough, took it back to the Illawarra on the back of the truck and used it as a sleeper cab  Wink 

The trip back with both Kombi loaded and the truck carrying a fully loaded (and a tad over weight) shipping container with the last of our goods and chattels when we moved from Lake Illawarra to Mannum

T1 Terry
(25-02-2023, 03:36 PM)Melissa Wrote: Sorry for the confusion Deb - I am talking the week before - we will be taking our time and should arrive in Strathalbyn Wednesday. I could do the 15+ hours in the Touareg but not the kombi.

ah well that makes more sense lol have a safe trip & we'll see you in Strath 
cheers  Big Grin
Rainex on today.......must be heading out tomorrow !!
Looks like we're heading (roughly) over the top and down...via Broken Hill ......eventually  Tongue
No fixed plan or destinations other than in at Strath. on Thursday 6th April.
Hopefully see folks along the way.....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light