Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin carby cold start -Tips??
(07-12-2022, 08:06 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: You may have your dual carb balance tube mixed up. On my other kombi motors I run Dellortos which are duel barrel carburettors and they do not have a balance tube. As each barrel is operating one cylinder and that you can synchronised each barrel. As on a single barrel you have one barrel operating two cylinders and need to balance it out between the four cylinders. Even on a type 4 motor in a kombi Solex 34PDSIT-2 3 they are single barrel and also have a balancing tube.
I'm not saying or trying to convince you, that you need one. stating that duel carbs don't have a balance tube and singles do for a reason. Your carburettors may run fine without it and if your happy the way it runs, leave it and see how it goes. Haven't seen a set of Kadron copies so not sure if there is any difference with an original set. I take it your manifolds came with your carburettors and don't have any holes for a balance tube built into them?
So maybe Ive been thinking about it all wrong. You can feel the single barrel feeding one cylinder at idle. When I put my straight thru muffler on, there is a definite " thump thump " idle -like a harley davidson (was a bit too loud for me so Im now back to Kadron quiet muffler)
I do have tapped holes in manifolds, I run my brake booster from passenger side and other side is plugged.