Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Borat gradually Morphing into a Hemsworth
(19-09-2022, 07:48 AM)Sunnyjim Wrote: Like many of you I had documented much of Borats journey but like the wallabies i have lost most.

I will pick out the photos I have that shows all his progress

This T3 can carry lots of stuff. Am i annoyed my wife zooms past  me on hills on her electric  bike? Who else thinks it is cheating?

Love the shagadelick carpet baby Smile
(23-09-2022, 04:41 PM)luckyphil Wrote: Love the shagadelick carpet baby Smile

thanks PhiI..it is just a stopgap until I get around to doing something very sensible like a wooden floor
Apologies  shag carpet gone. 

Now looking at doing the rear engine area.

If anyone has done something they're proud off show it off.

Simple black marine carpet?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-10-2022, 11:02 AM)Sunnyjim Wrote: Apologies  shag carpet gone. 

Now looking at doing the rear engine area.

If anyone has done something they're proud off show it off.

Simple black marine carpet?

I went the marine carpet route years ago, and couldn’t be happier with the result.

Washable, durable, economical, and very presentable…….
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(23-10-2022, 12:36 PM)Grantus Wrote: I went the marine carpet route years ago, and couldn’t be happier with the result.

Washable, durable, economical, and very presentable…….

That's good to hear. Did you apply it direct to the ribbed metal or over plyl? Did u use any sound deadening?
(23-10-2022, 01:48 PM)Sunnyjim Wrote: That's good to hear. Did you apply it direct to the ribbed metal or over plyl? Did u use any sound deadening?

Mine is just sitting on the deck. It’s cut to shape, so is wider at the seat, than at the door, but I do have a rear seat to hold it in place.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I did the same with marine dark grey carpet (shows the least amount of sins - unless you are Monica Lewinsky) and easy to remove or fold back to get to the engine lid.
A question for those who have done the carpet..

I see some stuff advertised as stretchable. This could be good to make things nice and neat.
However on my trip to Bunnings  their marine carpet on a roll doesn't look stretchy. 
Which type did u use?
Mine isnt very stretchy either. Rolls easily so its very flexible which helps get it out of the way to allow access to the engine hatch.